Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
I wasn’t sure where to post this so I figured I would keep updating this thread. I’m putting together a petition so me and my neighbors can have people sign paper copies.
Does this look good? I’ve never written one before and would like input. I wasn’t sure what to write for summary. I read to keep it short but make sure to state the issues. Hopefully the format is different when I print it and it only looks like this in my email.
A27C147B-C1D5-43AD-AAD5-B509C9A8ECBD.jpeg

Last sentence is rather confusing.
Maybe something more like:
The undersigned support the changing the existing ordinance to one that would allow fowl to be kept by residents.
I found it confusing too but couldn’t figure out how to reword it. That sounds much better. Thank you.
"Ordinance" is spelled wrong the last time it appears.

I like the summary.

I agree with aart that the last sentence is confusing.
I didn’t catch that. 😳 I want to blame my husband because he helped write it but I don’t think I can. I’m glad the summary makes sense. That’s what I was worried about the most.
I dunno if the formatting will look different when printed, but I would make the space to write and sign names much bigger. Give it at least 2 inches per box on the page, no need to keep it to the left of the page like that (if that's how it looks on print out).
On the computer it doesn’t look like that. Only when I opened it in my email. On the computer the boxes take up the whole page. Making more room to write makes sense though. Thank you. I wouldn’t have thought of it.

This is more an update to my flock but it never would have happened if all this wasn’t happening. I killed Fuzzy last night, and not in the humane way. I put a no crow collar on him that was too small for him and tightened it too much. I was embarrassed by his crowing and wanted to show the village I was willing to cooperate. He suffered for my stupidity. I’m beating myself up so feel free to do the same. But he was more than just a chicken to me. He was a source of comfort and I took his life to appease others. Not for a good reason. Not because I had to. But because I was stupid. I don’t know who else would understand but people here, and I didn’t feel like it needed a new thread. He was a good rooster. I really did love him.

This is more an update to my flock but it never would have happened if all this wasn’t happening. I killed Fuzzy last night, and not in the humane way. I put a no crow collar on him that was too small for him and tightened it too much. I was embarrassed by his crowing and wanted to show the village I was willing to cooperate. He suffered for my stupidity. I’m beating myself up so feel free to do the same. But he was more than just a chicken to me. He was a source of comfort and I took his life to appease others. Not for a good reason. Not because I had to. But because I was stupid. I don’t know who else would understand but people here, and I didn’t feel like it needed a new thread. He was a good rooster. I really did love him.

I'm so sorry that happened. :hugs

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

My neighbor all of a sudden has a problem with my chickens. He freaked out because I held 40 chicks overnight for a friend. The chicks were gone in the morning but he is still freaking out. He’s worried his dog will come into my yard and kill my chickens. But then he tells me he has trained his dog not to touch my chickens.

I live in upstate ny where the right to farm law is in effect. My village zoning laws say nothing about not being able to keep poultry. It actually says it’s okay to keep all kinds of livestock in any zone. There is also no limit on how many I can keep. The right to farm law covers most of the zoning law in my village.

I breed and sell my chickens. I sell the chicks and the eggs. This has quickly become part of my income since I cannot work outside of my home. I have four roosters and twenty hens. My neighbor is mad that I have named all of my chickens and that I don’t actually know how many I have. I know how many I have but don’t tell him because it isn’t his business.

I’m wondering if I’m in the wrong here at all. If he calls someone down will I get into trouble? Or can I flip the scrip because he lets his dog off leash in a town with leash laws? In the zoning laws for my village it says no animal shall run at large, except cats, unless fenced in properly. My chickens are fenced in but hes afraid his dog will bust through the fence or something. There is also no talking to this guy. He’s an old man stuck in his ways and refuses to listen to anyone who doesn’t tell him what he wants to hear.

Advice? Should I just let it be? My anxiety has me going crazy.
It's tough being a good neighbor when you're surrounded by Jack-o-lopes like that. So his need to sooth his anxiety results in SIGN language to project on to you his issue.
Shame
Insults
Guilt
Need to be right.

I would just let it be...if the chicks are gone you're all good. Just make sure you keep everything clean and orderly so you don't get some Barney Fife County worker saying you have improper conditions for the chickens should they pay a visit.
If he calls the county when they show up they'll see there's nothing there and they'll just chalk it up as him being another nosy annoying citizen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom