Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
By the mayors reaction to him being caught I doubt it will. I think it’s going to get worse before it gets better. His reaction to him finding out I had him on camera was to tell me to write a complaint to the town. Jeez. Some people. All I ask is that it not happen again. No need to get angry and defensive. Just fess up to doing something wrong.
So..... follow procedure. Write a letter, as advised, and request that it not happen again. How else can you get what you want? If you also want an apology, ask for that as well. Maybe you'll get it. Won't know till you try.

So..... follow procedure. Write a letter, as advised, and request that it not happen again. How else can you get what you want? If you also want an apology, ask for that as well. Maybe you'll get it. Won't know till you try.
He wants me to write a letter so the town lawyer can get involved. I’m fine with going that route but not till I have to. I try to do things the civil way and talk to people first. I guess he doesn’t want to do that though.

I’m so, so sorry for you, what an awful situation to be in. Hope you get everything sorted out again soon, and your chickens will be a source of happiness again. You are not doing anything wrong, the law can be totally unfair sometimes. Remember, we are on your side!
:hugs
Thank you. I actually found out there’s a guy in the village that raises quail. He wants to raise chickens as well and went to the last meeting because of all this mess. So there’s more people in the village than I thought on my side as well.

If you go the letter route, keep a copy and send it certified so they have to sign for it and cannot deny receiving it.

Neighbor has sunk to a new low. Now he’s playing rooster sounds over his Bluetooth speaker. To give my roosters completion… but I thought my roosters crowing annoyed him. So him sitting outside willingly playing rooster sounds doesn’t look too good on his part. Makes him look more like an idiot.
I’m so sick of the harassment from the village and this asshole. I’m going to talk to my friend who knows a lawyer who does pro Bono work. To see if the lawyer can help.

Neighbor has sunk to a new low. Now he’s playing rooster sounds over his Bluetooth speaker. To give my roosters completion… but I thought my roosters crowing annoyed him. So him sitting outside willingly playing rooster sounds doesn’t look too good on his part. Makes him look more like an idiot.
I’m so sick of the harassment from the village and this asshole. I’m going to talk to my friend who knows a lawyer who does pro Bono work. To see if the lawyer can help.
What an.......!
Can you get video?
Might not use it but it sure would be good if things go to court.

What an.......!
Can you get video?
Might not use it but it sure would be good if things go to court.
I did. My greenhouse sits close enough to the property line that I just went inside it and recorded my plants. But the audio is clear as the day. The rooster sounds he is playing are crackly because of the stereo. So it’s easy to tell the fake roosters from the real ones. I plan on playing it for the board.

My neighbor all of a sudden has a problem with my chickens. He freaked out because I held 40 chicks overnight for a friend. The chicks were gone in the morning but he is still freaking out. He’s worried his dog will come into my yard and kill my chickens. But then he tells me he has trained his dog not to touch my chickens.

I live in upstate ny where the right to farm law is in effect. My village zoning laws say nothing about not being able to keep poultry. It actually says it’s okay to keep all kinds of livestock in any zone. There is also no limit on how many I can keep. The right to farm law covers most of the zoning law in my village.

I breed and sell my chickens. I sell the chicks and the eggs. This has quickly become part of my income since I cannot work outside of my home. I have four roosters and twenty hens. My neighbor is mad that I have named all of my chickens and that I don’t actually know how many I have. I know how many I have but don’t tell him because it isn’t his business.

I’m wondering if I’m in the wrong here at all. If he calls someone down will I get into trouble? Or can I flip the scrip because he lets his dog off leash in a town with leash laws? In the zoning laws for my village it says no animal shall run at large, except cats, unless fenced in properly. My chickens are fenced in but hes afraid his dog will bust through the fence or something. There is also no talking to this guy. He’s an old man stuck in his ways and refuses to listen to anyone who doesn’t tell him what he wants to hear.

Advice? Should I just let it be? My anxiety has me going crazy.
Based on the information given you are in the right and he is violating ordinance. Tell him to keep his dog out of your yard..period!

Back
Top Bottom