Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Ordinance guy showed up today and told us we had to move our coop. 300ft from any neighbors house. The most we can do is 150. I’m so upset. I don’t want to lose my chickens because we can’t move the coop. 😭
We have a high predator load farther down the yard and I’m scared to move them that far.
Do I understand this to mean that you could technically move them the required amount of feet but you're reluctant to because of the predator load?

dont worry theres lots of people on here to help you if your neibor's dog hurts one of you girls (or boys) i would move the coop like you were told. i would move it closer to the house if you dont want to put the coop in a pretitor load... but mo mater what, you will get thru it. sending lots of hug and suport, :hugs :hugs

Ordinance guy showed up today and told us we had to move our coop. 300ft from any neighbors house. The most we can do is 150. I’m so upset. I don’t want to lose my chickens because we can’t move the coop. 😭
We have a high predator load farther down the yard and I’m scared to move them that far. Boy this neighbor just burned a bridge.
Why did he show up, have there been complaints from your neighbour? Or is he related to him or are they buddies?

Hot wire and protective netting for aerial predators will help you to keep your flock safe farther down the yard.

My yard only goes to 200ft. At the 200ft there’s a lot of woods and I wouldn’t be able to see the coop. There was no ticket given. And my stupid drunk neighbor complained hoping he could get the guy to tell me I had to get rid of them. My husband is telling me we have to because we can’t move it the right amount. If we could then we can keep as many as we want.

My yard only goes to 200ft. At the 200ft there’s a lot of woods and I wouldn’t be able to see the coop. There was no ticket given. And my stupid drunk neighbor complained hoping he could get the guy to tell me I had to get rid of them. My husband is telling me we have to because we can’t move it the right amount. If we could then we can keep as many as we want.
I would go and make sure it was a real official that showed up at your place, before taking any action.

Sorry to hear about the setback issues - they rarely come up, as most properties large enough to have chickens in the NE states have plenty of room to accommodate setbacks.

I could find the ordinance for you, but I don't think that would be helpful at this point.
It might be since I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I’d like to know it actually exists.

I thought I wasn’t wrong. I have read over the zoning laws so many times and can’t see how I could be wrong. But he just keeps yelling at me. Now he’s telling me he did his homework and I can’t keep roosters or sell the animals or their products. Both are illegal. I asked him to show me where that was illegal. But he wouldn’t show me. I just don’t want to lose my flock because of some crotchety old man who won’t let it go.
I would tell him that him and his dog had better stay off your property and he needs to mind his own business. Smdh

I would go and make sure it was a real official that showed up at your place, before taking any action.
He gave my husband a card, not meaning much, but I don’t think my neighbor is that smart. I’m wondering if the ordinance guy will let 200ft slide. My husband is adamant that he won’t. My therapist said I should talk to my neighbors wife about all this. She’s more reasonable than he is sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom