Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
So my neighbor is a drunk and has been for 30 some odd years. My mom says to ignore him. He has been acting nice to me now but then right after acting mean again. My mom says it’s something called wet brain and has to do with drunkards. Talking to this guy is giving me whiplash. I’m trying to ignore him but he’s trying to make “pleasant” conversation with one minute then biting my head off. 😡 I wish this all didn’t feel so damn crazy.

Like I just read this morning in another post:

"HIGH FENCES MAKE GREAT NEIGHBORS"

Take that to heart...

Stuff like this is why I regularly walk around my yard in the day time, carrying a hunting rifle, in full view of anyone in the neighborhood. I don't really have any actual mayhem in mind, other than for the rabbits trying to get at my cabbage garden. But sometimes a little doubt in the neighbors' heads about potential encounters with me is a good thing.

Love it!

I believe in NY you have to have a license to sell more than 1000 dozen eggs/year as well, but staying under that number is fine. I agree w all posts about documenting his dog getting out and into your yard.
He’s probably worried about being liable if his dog does kill any chickens...again not your problem, especially since the chickens are fenced.
I would definitely talk to a lawyer though, to find out what you can legally do if the dog gets on your property and accesses the chickens somehow.
Also, if you can private message me, we were looking for a local chick source (I’m in central NY). Already have ours for this year, but for the spring we will be looking to add to our flock! (Possibly older pullets too, so I’d love to touch base!)

Update: The board is now trying to reword the chicken ordinance instead of outright banning chickens. I am told by the mayor that it will take them awhile to figure out the ordinance. The mayor has now changed his mind and told me that the people of the village don’t vote on ordinances. That only the board does. 😑 I don’t believe he’s able to do that but I think he wants to get the chickens sorted with as little fuss as possible. Yeah, right.

This whole village is corrupt and living in the past. As soon as I have saved enough to move out of here and found a place we are moving. Even though the neighbor has told a mediator that he will drop the grievance, he has not. He has taken to attacking my parenting style. Telling the board that my children have to wear boots all the time because of all the chicken poop in the yard. That I had scolded my child because my rooster had attacked him. All of that is true.

My children wear boots all the time. Because they hate to tie their shoes. They’re 8. My rooster did attack them and I did scold them for it. Why? Because these children were poking said rooster with a stick. Making the rooster attack the stick. Making him angry. But none of that is important to me keeping my chickens. None of that is any of his business or the boards business. But this jerk is making it a big deal. The chickens are on my property and poop on my lawn. Why does this…. Jerk care so much? Because he can’t get his way so he has to find another way to tear us down. This is all just wearing on us. But so far no decisions have been made. The village is dragging it out as much as they can. And we are going to make sure they don’t pass the no chickens ordinance.

My bf often says that there are some folks that just need a right cross to the jaw from time to time. Your neighbor sounds like one of those folks...
Boy i wish someone would knock him down a peg. But he has zero respect for anyone and his wife is the same. His wife is related to three of the big families that live in the village. So she thinks she’s entitled to do whatever she wants. Her cousin is even on the board. The only one on the board that is die hard against chickens still.

Boy i wish someone would knock him down a peg. But he has zero respect for anyone and his wife is the same. His wife is related to three of the big families that live in the village. So she thinks she’s entitled to do whatever she wants. Her cousin is even on the board. The only one on the board that is die hard against chickens still.

Time to move...

Oh we are. But we cant until we save enough. We would have been able to before COVID. We used most of our savings during COVID. I wish we could move now. Believe me.

You can play the game too. I'm sure there's something that they do that you don't prefer; make it an issue and stick your nose in their business. Maybe their grass doesn't smell the right way, or their dog does whatever (barks, craps, stinks). If they bother you or engage you, file a complaint law enforcement for harassment.
Ask a lawyer about a slander suit for all their embellishments to whomever they talk to.
Two can play the game...............

Back
Top Bottom