upper respitory

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ericmcginn5, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ericmcginn5

ericmcginn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    my chickens had upper respitor about a week ago and they are all better yay. but when should i seee some eggs i havent got a egg sence.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Most any upset in a chicken's health will take a couple of weeks to recover egg laying. Where I live, all my chickens are in a molt or just coming out, and the days are getting shorter on daylight hours, both of which affects laying. I'm glad they are doing better.

3. ericmcginn5

Apr 2, 2013
    Ok and ty do u think im done with eggs for the year? Last year they layed allvwinter

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    If you turn on a light in your coop on a timer about 5 am, and off at 6 pm, you should still get eggs during the winter. Molt only lasts a month to 6 weeks, depending on the chicken, some may go longer. Make sure they have been wormed, and are getting layer feed with crushed oyster shell on the side, and you should get eggs.

5. ericmcginn5

Apr 2, 2013
    What if i cant get a timmer on the lightiing i cant get up at5 lol but the timmer would get wet and i dont think its watter proof. Would i still get some eggs withoutbthe light? Im in florida if that matters

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by