Upset with egg order that arrived.

Hello Candace,
I just saw you on here I was going to tell her about your eggs, that when I unwrapped the box and saw nothing but newspaper thought, OMGosh these will never hatch, but all the air cells were in great shape and 6 of the 10 eggs are going strong on day 13. None were broken or cracked, don't stop the way you package they always arrive save and sound.
Michele

Quote:
Great!! Thanks.. I've had alot say they had good hatch rates with my eggs. Alot where like you hmm??? newspaper?? but actually I've had better luck packaging that way than when I did with bubble wrap, not sure the difference but it works had very few damaged.. good luck with the babies!!!

Thanks so much everyone! I feel better now and have calmed down.
smile.png

honestly in person I see no hint of blue color whatsoever. But, like someone said maybe blue are expected form these chicks in the eggs. Either way I hope they grow well...

This is what her ad said:

18+ Ameraucana Blue Hatching Eggs

You are bidding on 18+ Ameraucana Chicken Hatching eggs ready for your incubator.

We will provide you with eggs from our beautiful Ameraucana flock. These birds are blue egg layers.

...and the ad pic...

n46q2p.jpg

The picture is of an EE rooster. Another seller deluded by hatchery misinformation. For true Ameraucana eggs do some research and buy from someone here on BYC. Good luck with your hatch.

Quote:
Or someone from the Ameraucana Breeders Club site. Honestly, about 95% of the "Ameraucana" auctions on ebay that I have seen are Easter Eggers, like the roo shown in the pic.

Yes they all look like EE eggs to me...I have an EE and some ameraucanas (only 2 months old) but these are my eggs I got from Nellie (Rockinpaints) and they were blue blue....and I have used her twice now and her birds grow up to beautiful....I agree with Melissa

But don't be too discouraged..my EE is so wonderful and the best layer who lays a beautiful green egg and I wouldn't switch her out for anything...she hates being touched but I love her.
44332_all_blue_eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
...and the ad pic...

http://i41.tinypic.com/n46q2p.jpg

I had an EE roo that looked just like that.

I also send with newspaper. I tried every way I could think of, but when I had gotten an order with just eggs wrapped in paper and not one cracked, I copied it. Every order I sent after that went out in newspaper.

I've seen several auctions on eBay with what are supposed to be Ameraucanas were almost all EEs. Some even said True Ameraucanas (The Easter Egger Chicken) in the ads. They pretty much use the same discription as the hatcheries and have bred what they think they bought or just don't care and try to pass them off to anyone who doesn't know. I argued with a friend for ages that she did NOT have Ameraucanas and she swore she did because that's what she ordered. No explaination could sway her. Then she threw a fit when someone told her she had EEs and had misrepresented them in her CL ad. Don;t know why she tought I would side with her, but hmmm wonder how she's doing these days.

Oh and rockinpaints has great birds and eggs, matter of fact I hope to buy more as soon as I can.

You guys are just the best.
smile.png

the kinda sad thing is that I ordered these to sell to my neighbor once they are feathered, so I need to let her know they are EE's. I suppose Craiagslist sales would work...if neighbor decides she wants the true A's I'll order off here.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom