URGEND ! This morning I found a lot of big blood blobs

Ute in UK

Chirping
Jan 15, 2019
Hello togehter,
this morning I found big blood blobs on the coop floor and my oldest hen Buffy (9-year-old wyandotte) was standing in an eggbox. I checked her
and saw she was very poopy on her back and also a bit blood. While I thought I go and clean her to instpect better my partner cleaned the coop that the other chics don't get opsetted.
I couldn t see any injeries.....and I thought when I cleaned her....no more blood was to see.....put her back in the coop and she was standing there and tried to clean herself.....
unforfotunately I had to go for work and don't know yet how she is......
Does anybody has any idea?
Till yesterday she was fit and happy.....
Thanks
ute

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello togehter,
this morning I found big blood blobs on the coop floor and my oldest hen Buffy (9-year-old wyandotte) was standing in an eggbox. I checked her
and saw she was very poopy on her back and also a bit blood. While I thought I go and clean her to instpect better my partner cleaned the coop that the other chics don't get opsetted.
I couldn t see any injeries.....and I thought when I cleaned her....no more blood was to see.....put her back in the coop and she was standing there and tried to clean herself.....
unforfotunately I had to go for work and don't know yet how she is......
Does anybody has any idea?
Till yesterday she was fit and happy.....
Thanks
ute
I'm confused what you're saying from the amount of grammatical errors in your typing (please don't take this rudely). If so can you please fix it as you were not being specific about your problem and please include some images.

Two things that you need to look for are vent pecking injuries that are causing the bleeding, or a prolapsed vent. That is when a hen strains to lay an egg or poop, and the insides come out slightly. It would be red. You may want to clean her up with a soapy warm bath, and take a picture when she is dry. This article has pictures of a prolapsed vent:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/prolapse-vent-causes-treatment-graphic/

Back
Top Bottom