Urgent: Assisted hatch questions

SelfSufficientMe

Songster
Mar 17, 2022
Central Florida
I have another post about this hatch but I’m curious how long it looks like this one has until hatch assuming it makes it. I cannot tell based on veins. I have another not internally pipped yet but I thought it was and peeled off some of the shell. They keep making a yawning motion which I read means they still have the yolk sac. I’m not going to sleep tonight. Afraid to stop watching them😕 I can post the other one but a little more graphic. Egg number three has movement but no pip anywhere and still fully in tact. Day 33. Thanks.

Also, is it shrink wrapped? Seems a little drier than earlier but I put Vaseline on it. Some feathers are dry and stiff under the beak. Welsh Harlequin ducks.

Attachments

• A4076C70-6C40-4C39-BBC1-26DA93DF3656.jpeg
    A4076C70-6C40-4C39-BBC1-26DA93DF3656.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 32
I have another post about this hatch but I’m curious how long it looks like this one has until hatch assuming it makes it. I cannot tell based on veins. I have another not internally pipped yet but I thought it was and peeled off some of the shell. They keep making a yawning motion which I read means they still have the yolk sac. I’m not going to sleep tonight. Afraid to stop watching them😕 I can post the other one but a little more graphic. Egg number three has movement but no pip anywhere and still fully in tact. Day 33. Thanks.

Also, is it shrink wrapped? Seems a little drier than earlier but I put Vaseline on it. Some feathers are dry and stiff under the beak. Welsh Harlequin ducks.
I’ve never hatched duck eggs but I have a lot of chicken and that is, on the dried membrane parts in the picture, shrink wrapped in a way. It’s dried and therefore stuck to the baby but no worries as that doesn’t always mean they’re completely shrink wrapped. You would have to assist in the hatch once ready to hatch. Keeping a moist very warm washcloth on the dried parts should help moisten it up some. Then put Vaseline. I suggest this because Vaseline helps hold the moisture and this will help keep it moist longer.

I know I may be a little late but any questions you have still I’ll try my best to answer!

Back
Top Bottom