URGENT : Blood and some tiny living things over the chicken's anus

I put mine in a large plastic cup and covered the top in a nylon stocking. It makes a powderpuff type application device that's really easy to use. It's like powdering a baby's behind!

Yes, it's listed for almost all animals. I googled and saw it was an old pesticide first used in 1959.

I dusted the only one had lices on her, took an hour! but I could see the results immediately, the lices fall dead just after some dust were put on them, I could see more than hundred dead lices on the ground! Considering the hours may take to fully dust the coop and other chickens, I thought maybe I should quarantine the sick one. I'm gonna check and see if I can find lices on other ones, in a couple of hours and if I can find some, then I'll have to dust the whole area and chickens.

Thank you all dear friends who helped me through this :) This is a really great forum!

You are welcome. Let us know how it goes.

Now I gotta know how you did it!
:)) I put the dust in a saltshaker. Then I tried to pour dust all over her skin shaking the saltshaker. It was realy hard to reach the skin though cause she had all her feather on her. Later I thought maybe I could mix the dust with water, and put the solution in a spraying bottle -like those they use in glass cleaners- and sprayed the solution all over the body and the coop :)

You are welcome. Let us know how it goes.
It has been a day and half since I did the dusting. I can't find any more lace on her so far. But she is really weak and I think it's gonna take a while to recover. Her back is still puffed and I believe it's because of the cold nights she had lately spent. She sleeps stood up and I don't know why :( I'm feeding her well and totally have moved the coop indoor.
The funny thing is that, though she is really sick compared to othe chickens, but hits other ones and doesn't allow them to eat while she is eating!

Last edited:
Usually you just look at their poo and you can see them, but I brought home a hen that was wormy, and I never saw a thing in her poo in the early stages. She was just wasting and I couldn't figure out why. I finally wormed her and she cleared up almost overnight.

It's just one of those things you do for sick chickens... apply something to delice/mite and worm. If I bring a new chicken home, I set them up with a DTE dusting and Ivermectin drops, worm them, put them on a week of a general antibiotic and isolate them for 30 days.

I can see the gradual process of getting weaker every day. I asked a vet. She said, it can be Ascites too. I found out there is no treatment for ascites, so I'm going with worm condition. She is not gonna wait more than couple of days. The legs are just the bones now but the back part is getting larger every day. So please tell me how to treat this worm thing, I'm really in bad mood. I really like this one, she is the chicken in my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom