Urgent, chick dying

Fcarter

Songster
6 Years
Apr 11, 2017
My little 2.5 wk old silkie chick is in bad shape. This am she started running backwards with her head down. She is unable to walk now and is in a little ball. I have tried a give her water. She seems to be breathing hard. She had pasty butt for the first week but is over that. Up until today she has been well, just a little small. How can I help her?

My little 2.5 wk old silkie chick is in bad shape. This am she started running backwards with her head down. She is unable to walk now and is in a little ball. I have tried a give her water. She seems to be breathing hard. She had pasty butt for the first week but is over that. Up until today she has been well, just a little small. How can I help her?
Sounds like wry neck to me. You can treat her with vitamins such as vitamin E or you can feed her dandelions,spinach or broccoli you may have to help her eat and drink though.

Sounds like wry neck to me. You can treat her with vitamins such as vitamin E or you can feed her dandelions,spinach or broccoli you may have to help her eat and drink though.
How do I feed these things to her? Is there a liquid type of vitamin e that i can purchase? I'm nervous and concerned and want to do that right thing for her

How do I feed these things to her? Is there a liquid type of vitamin e that i can purchase? I'm nervous and concerned and want to do that right thing for her
There are vitamin E capsules you can purchase, it’s liquid but u just need to open her beak and put it in her mouth because she won’t drink it from the pod. Vitamin E works like a charm for wry neck

You can either buy it from Amazon,Target,CVS or other drug store near you.

You can either buy it from Amazon,Target,CVS or other drug store near you.
Thanks to everyone for the help. I brought her into the house as I had no where else. She has a small box with shavings in it and it's on a heating pad
She also has a friend with her. My husband has gone for her supplies so I can get her treatment started. Thanks again to everyone

Attachments

• 20210614_174459.jpg
    20210614_174459.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 13
Is she able to poop?
I do agree it sounds like she has the symptom Wry Neck.
I would give her 400IU Vitamin E daily along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Make sure she's staying hydrated. Bits of scrambled egg can be given to help with the uptake of E.

She is pooping. This looks a bit better this am. However, her eye is shut and swollen. Have not noticed that before. No drainage just closed and puffy. Any suggestions?

Can you get some photos of the eye?
Finally able to get pics of her eye. Pic on the left is the eye in question, right eye. The pic on right is her left eye which was open yesterday. She is a little better, up on her feet more and walking some. I can not get her to eat anything. I have tried chopped scrambled egg, mush made of her food, soft cat food but she will not eat. She drinks well when it's offered. I am so concerned about her appetite. Help, please. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210615_125156.jpg
    20210615_125156.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210615_125221.jpg
    20210615_125221.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom