Urgent! Duck acting drunk.

Hi! This happened to all 3 if my ducks last summer, not long after I had an insect treatment done around the perimeter of the house. It had been raining for days & ultimately the only thing anyone could come up with was they got some of the poison. I brought them to a vet & they couldnt find a definitive answer.
They were flaccid, unable to walk or stand, and could hardly hold up their heads. But, they were alert. Totally a neurological thing.
It sounds to me your duck “got into something”. At the vet hospital all they could do was hydrate them and monitor after doing blood work etc. I would recommend bathing your duck bc if anything is in the skin it can be removed, preventing further absorption.
Let us know how it goes!
Marlene

Hi! This happened to all 3 if my ducks last summer, not long after I had an insect treatment done around the perimeter of the house. It had been raining for days & ultimately the only thing anyone could come up with was they got some of the poison. I brought them to a vet & they couldnt find a definitive answer.
They were flaccid, unable to walk or stand, and could hardly hold up their heads. But, they were alert. Totally a neurological thing.
It sounds to me your duck “got into something”. At the vet hospital all they could do was hydrate them and monitor after doing blood work etc. I would recommend bathing your duck bc if anything is in the skin it can be removed, preventing further absorption.
Let us know how it goes!
Marlene
So happy to hear yours recovered.
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom