Urgent! Duck acting drunk.

Nutrena feed should have enough niacin for ducks. It's what I use and I've not had a problem.
That said, Pekin ducks are more prone to deficiency.
If he's still that way in the morning it won't hurt to try giving some vitiman B and see if it helps.

Also pick him up and check the bottoms of his feet for anything that could be wrong there causing him to stumble around.

Nutrena feed should have enough niacin for ducks. It's what I use and I've not had a problem.
That said, Pekin ducks are more prone to deficiency.
If he's still that way in the morning it won't hurt to try giving some vitiman B and see if it helps.

Also pick him up and check the bottoms of his feet for anything that could be wrong there causing him to stumble around.
Thanks! I looked at his feet earlier and didnt see anything concerning, but I did a once over. Ill do another in the morning to make sure theres no scabs or puffy parts.

How is your duck doing?
He's perked up a bit as far as his demeanor. can stand for short periods with and without assistance but not walking because of stumbling still. Ive been feeding him whatever he will take. Treats and some veggies.
Another person had asked about his feet and theres nothing wrong with them. Ive kept him inside today and monitored him.
Epsom salt in the water. Tomorrow Im going to grab some vitamin b drops to add to his treats. And some charcoal for the water.
My other duck is still acting fine. So Im wondering if he just got into something.

Thank you for checking 🥰

I'm so glad he's doing better! I hope that trend continues!

I came home one day form work to find my Welsh Harlequin couldn't walk at all. I thought for sure something horrible and irreparable had happened. I did exactly the same thing you did, and she just started walking the next day. I still don't know what happened exactly, but she must have injured herself somehow. I hope it resolved itself similarly, but the supplements shouldn't hurt.

Fingers crossed!
:fl

I'm so glad he's doing better! I hope that trend continues!

I came home one day form work to find my Welsh Harlequin couldn't walk at all. I thought for sure something horrible and irreparable had happened. I did exactly the same thing you did, and she just started walking the next day. I still don't know what happened exactly, but she must have injured herself somehow. I hope it resolved itself similarly, but the supplements shouldn't hurt.

Fingers crossed!
:fl
I figured the supplements wouldnt hurt either, its just like a human with a prophylactic.
Im hoping the trend continues as well.
They've definitely got my heart strings and I would feel terrible if anything happened to them. Im in the process of finding an avian vet just in case.

Epsom salt is also used as a flush if ingested a toxin but it can dehydrate them. I rec Activated charcoal that is all I have ever
I work in healthcare. So I knew about possible dehydration. Ive only used very little. Still looking to find activated charcoal.

Back
Top Bottom