Urgent - extreme foot swelling & no local vets available

I don't have experience with this, but if the foot is turning purple it would seem there is a circulation issue and I wonder if there would be any way to treat inflamation. But if it's due to an infection not sure that would make a difference. I see the open wound there so I wonder if that might have been the entry point for all this.

The mites sure won't help and so try to stay up on treating them. I wonder if she could be allergic to mites as well?

It’s hard to say - the bumble foot treatment was done on Monday afternoon. The dressing I have made sure to lightly wrap and it’s more just holding on all the gauze right now so she has cushion on her foot. Her whole face is swollen including earlobes :( I ordered AMTYL for the moment
How is she doing?

Any update on her foot? Just a thought came to mind as my dog is weening off prednisone. If you had any sitting around from an earlier prescription. No idea if it would work for a chicken or what dosage, but if anyone can advise on that please correct/inform.

I haven’t logged on here in some time and had given up all hope on June BUT I am happy to report she is still alive ! She ended up losing all of her toes and part of her foot , but she is still happy and alive! Her one eye still swells up every so often (same side as her bad foot ) but other than than she seems to be healthy ! She went through a full molt and has beautiful feathers, she gained all her weight back, and the girls stopped picking on her :) her new life consists of hobbling around the yard with lots of breaks and she lays down a lot (she is a big girl) she sleeps on the floor because she can’t roost. But other than that she seems happy and not in any pain , just learning to navigate on her new foot :) her bestie Aurora has been by her side and never leaves her and stands by her all day 🥰 it’s been a sweet relationship to watch

Just wanted to share ! Still have no idea what causes this or what happened- but I am glad she made it through the best she can !
She looks great! What a strange thing to happen. Poor girl. Glad she pulled through.

Back
Top Bottom