urgent!! hawk got baby chicken but she's alive

Hi! It has been nearly a week since her injury and although she seems to be improving, she still cannot support herself out of the sling. Now she sleeps with her wings out and looks more uncomfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do from here?

Is she eating and drinking? If she seems to be suffering, it might be time to consider putting her down. I believe in trying to help and give them a chance to recover, but she may have internal damage or paralysis. So sorry.

Hi! It has been nearly a week since her injury and although she seems to be improving, she still cannot support herself out of the sling. Now she sleeps with her wings out and looks more uncomfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do from here?
Keep in mind that the swellings from the injuries (inner bleeding etc.) still increase up to 4 days after the incident. This might lead to constriction of nerves and bloodvessels mimicking paralysis for some time.

Only after 5-6 days will the swellings begin to subside, which might take up to 2-3 weeks, depending on the severeness of the injuries sustained.

I had a hen attacked by a hawk (severe head, neck and back injuries) that after the third week completely recovered.

Keep in mind that the swellings from the injuries (inner bleeding etc.) still increase up to 4 days after the incident. This might lead to constriction of nerves and bloodvessels mimicking paralysis for some time.

Only after 5-6 days will the swellings begin to subside, which might take up to 2-3 weeks, depending on the severeness of the injuries sustained.

I had a hen attacked by a hawk (severe head, neck and back injuries) that after the third week completely recovered.
Thank you so much! This is what I needed to hear! wanted to be sure I was doing the most humane thing for her. We will keep her in the sling and hand feeding until she recovers

Hi all! Thank you for all of the help and encouragement along the way. Sadly she didn’t make it and passed away peacefully. I think she may have had an infection from the talons of the hawk.

Back
Top Bottom