*URGENT* Hen Gone Missing at Ohio National 2012

dracoe19

Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Warrenton, Virgina
Today I went to pick up my birds from the Ohio National and my Black Orpington hen was gone.... I arrived later because I had to drive 2.5 hours and when I got there no one could tell me where she was and pretty much everyone was gone. I was thankfully able to find my other chickens but I am still upset that my hen is gone. I reported it to the managers there but all they are going to do is wait for a phone call from someone. She was either mistakenly taken because birds were being put in boxes and crates with out telling people or someone purposely took her (which I pray didn't happen). I hatched her myself and she is one of my favorite and best hens in my flock. Please if any body knows any information please contact me. I just want her to get home safely I am so worried :(!

Please share through BYC, Facebook and any other social media you can think of. I'm hoping the more people hear about it the closer I will get to finding her.

Description---

She is a large Black Orpington hen. 1.5 years. face black. Comb black in the front then red going to the back. Has an "S" shape to her comb. Has a silver leg band on her left leg for getting a Pollurom test in VA. Has VA then numbers (will get exact numbers soon).

Last edited:
Today I went to pick up my birds from the Ohio National and my Black Orpington hen was gone.... I arrived later because I had to drive 2.5 hours and when I got there no one could tell me where she was and pretty much everyone was gone. I was thankfully able to find my other chickens but I am still upset that my hen is gone. I reported it to the managers there but all they are going to do is wait for a phone call from someone. She was either mistakenly taken because birds were being put in boxes and crates with out telling people or someone purposely took her (which I pray didn't happen). I hatched her myself and she is one of my favorite and best hens in my flock. Please if any body knows any information please contact me. I just want her to get home safely I am so worried :(!

Description---

She is a large Black Orpington hen. 1.5 years. face black. Comb black in the front then red going to the back. Has an "S" shape to her comb. Has a silver leg band on her left leg for getting a Pollurom test in VA. Has VA then numbers (will get exact numbers soon).

Hoping you get her back safe and sound
fl.gif

Hi, I really feel your pain. We are experiencing the same problem, from the same show. We arrived a little late, as they were taking down cages, and our 3 silkies roosters are missing! We are desperate to find them, a white roo, and 2 cockerels, a black and a partridge. They are not just snowbirds, but an eight year old little girl's pets! Any info is appreciated, email me at [email protected]. I hope and pray for their return, and I'm surely praying for the safe return of your Orpington.

I can't believe that happened to you too! When I told the managers they seemed really frustrated and angry. Not at me but at the situation I think. You would think people could tell the difference between their birds and someone else's. I sure can! I think I am going to write to them about this. This should be a rare occurance and it sounds like a common one... I'm nervous to bring birds back next year because of this. I hope you find your silkies soon ill be praying for all lost birds to have a safe return home.

Good news everyone I found her! One of the Wyandotte breeders of America saw her alone in a pen being broken down, regonized my exhibitor number and desired to take her home to be sure she was safe. I got an email from him today and will pick her up soon :). I'm so thankful I found her. All the support and prayers from everyone definitely kept me going to not give up on finding her. I am still keeping an ear out for the missing silkies and telling everyone about them Redrooster0530. I am praying you have a happy ending as well.

Good news everyone I found her! One of the Wyandotte breeders of America saw her alone in a pen being broken down, regonized my exhibitor number and desired to take her home to be sure she was safe. I got an email from him today and will pick her up soon
smile.png
. I'm so thankful I found her. All the support and prayers from everyone definitely kept me going to not give up on finding her. I am still keeping an ear out for the missing silkies and telling everyone about them Redrooster0530. I am praying you have a happy ending as well.
I am so happy for you!
fl.gif
for Redrooster0530.

Back
Top Bottom