*URGENT* Hen Gone Missing at Ohio National 2012

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dracoe19, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dracoe19

dracoe19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Today I went to pick up my birds from the Ohio National and my Black Orpington hen was gone.... I arrived later because I had to drive 2.5 hours and when I got there no one could tell me where she was and pretty much everyone was gone. I was thankfully able to find my other chickens but I am still upset that my hen is gone. I reported it to the managers there but all they are going to do is wait for a phone call from someone. She was either mistakenly taken because birds were being put in boxes and crates with out telling people or someone purposely took her (which I pray didn't happen). I hatched her myself and she is one of my favorite and best hens in my flock. Please if any body knows any information please contact me. I just want her to get home safely I am so worried :(!

Please share through BYC, Facebook and any other social media you can think of. I'm hoping the more people hear about it the closer I will get to finding her.

Description---

She is a large Black Orpington hen. 1.5 years. face black. Comb black in the front then red going to the back. Has an "S" shape to her comb. Has a silver leg band on her left leg for getting a Pollurom test in VA. Has VA then numbers (will get exact numbers soon).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hoping you get her back safe and sound [​IMG]

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Gosh...this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. Hope you recover her.

5. dracoe19

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Someone told me the same thing. They really need to have it more organized so this doesn't happen.

6. redrooster0530

redrooster0530 New Egg

Nov 11, 2012
    Hi, I really feel your pain. We are experiencing the same problem, from the same show. We arrived a little late, as they were taking down cages, and our 3 silkies roosters are missing! We are desperate to find them, a white roo, and 2 cockerels, a black and a partridge. They are not just snowbirds, but an eight year old little girl's pets! Any info is appreciated, email me at [email protected]. I hope and pray for their return, and I'm surely praying for the safe return of your Orpington.

7. dracoe19

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    I can't believe that happened to you too! When I told the managers they seemed really frustrated and angry. Not at me but at the situation I think. You would think people could tell the difference between their birds and someone else's. I sure can! I think I am going to write to them about this. This should be a rare occurance and it sounds like a common one... I'm nervous to bring birds back next year because of this. I hope you find your silkies soon ill be praying for all lost birds to have a safe return home.

8. dracoe19

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Bumping thread...

9. dracoe19

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Good news everyone I found her! One of the Wyandotte breeders of America saw her alone in a pen being broken down, regonized my exhibitor number and desired to take her home to be sure she was safe. I got an email from him today and will pick her up soon :). I'm so thankful I found her. All the support and prayers from everyone definitely kept me going to not give up on finding her. I am still keeping an ear out for the missing silkies and telling everyone about them Redrooster0530. I am praying you have a happy ending as well.

10. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I am so happy for you! [​IMG]for Redrooster0530.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by