URGENT! how to get rid of these chickens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes if you are tight enough on cash that chicken feed is a problem with all do respect they should give you good food value.

Even skinny chickens can make thick stew.

Good luck, don't just dump them... that would be bad for karma, not to mention could get you in trouble with the law in many places.

I know there's a weekly auction near where I live. Some of them don't go for much, especially this time of year, but I've never seen one not sell. I don't know where you live, but maybe you have something like that near you.

There are more places than Craigslist to advertise them.

Ebay has a free stuff classifieds that gets lots of action, and facebook has a "for sale" section as well.

Please don't dump them.

Where do you live?

You can take them to a feed store and ask them if they will take them. I gave roosters to my feed store a few times, which turns around and sells them for $5 each usually.

Or they may personally take them. Many feed store workers are animal lovers, and take in animals.

Last edited:
Notice her name is luvchikies yet she cannot care for them? What is really going on here? Sorry to sound jaded but i have been played before and now i ask alot of questions first.....

Where are you? Chances are, you'll find someone on here within a few hours' drive of your location if you're willing to hold onto them for just a few days. Hang in there.... everything's gonna be ok.
smile.png

Quote:
Umm, wouldn't do that if I were you, in most states, Animal abandonment is a crime.

Then I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can cull them, but I wont because that's just wrong. I will feel very bad if I did that.

I don't get that.....you won't cull them because it's wrong, but you'll dump them off to starve or get attacked and eaten?

Quote:
Then I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can cull them, but I wont because that's just wrong. I will feel very bad if I did that.

I don't get that.....you won't cull them because it's wrong, but you'll dump them off to starve or get attacked and eaten?

I don't want to see them die in front of my eyes (as I've said in an earlier post) so the only thing I could do was dump them. I'm a bit offended since you really don't know the situation I'm going through right now, anyway thanks for your post.

Thanks to everyone who helped me! now I know where to get cracked corn!!! I'm really excited because I got free chickens and I'm glad that they're with me because now I know where to get food for them and I'm going to take good care of them and fatten them up!
smile.png
I thought cracked corn was going to be like $20, but it's only $7 for a 50lb bag!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom