URgent Muscovy with swollen face!

Miss Lydia

My Best Bud
Premium member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
You have her on antibiotics right? She's been on them since Friday? This may take a while to resolve. I'd also put her on a probiotic human is fine because the antibiotic can cause tummy upset it kills good and bad bacteria.

DogIsMyShepherd

Songster
Jul 12, 2019
Canada
Hope still hanging in there. She’s eating and drinking well. Her carunkles are a little pale, but I find she’s getting a little colour back in her face. she just finished her antibiotics today. I have been soaking her foot daily in warm epsom salt water. I have been putting polysporin on it as well. It is looking less swollen and a little better. What can I give her for anemia? I’m assuming that’s why her face is pale? Also she is still not walking is there some kind of physio I can do with her to strengthen her leg again, or should I just leave her and time will strengthen it?

Miss Lydia

My Best Bud
Premium member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Are you keeping her inside? Asking nice warm baths where she can swim around is great therapy . I wouldn’t bring her in from the cold an plop her in warm water then have to take her back outside. My Muscovy carnucles get pale when they aren’t laying. I am glad to hear she’s making progress sure hope she continues.

Top Bottom