Urgent need of Geese eggs

CrazyChicken Lady

My Ducks are in a row🦆🦆🦆
May 25, 2020
Missouri
Hello all. Yesterday my Metzer order for Toulouse was cancelled due to them not hatching geese anymore even though you could order geese well into August. The arrival date was supposed to be today:( I’m super bummed since I was also getting a Saxony duck with the order and was looking forward to these little babies. But since they cancelled my order so late in the season, there are now almost no resources for geese eggs. I would much prefer to hatch eggs but if someone has goslings I would still take them. Is there anyone on backyard chickens who ships eggs? I’m open to most breeds but Toulouse and Buff were my two favorites. Can anyone help before it gets to late into summer? Thank you all!!

I had an order of French Toulouse come in August from Metzer, but it depends on the geese, most of mine have stopped laying by now so late in the season it’s really unlikely and hard to predict if the breed will still be breeding. Once they molt there’s no chance of them breeding at all until winter/spring, and all of mine have or are molting now.

Chinese type breeds have a higher chance of still laying late in the season so that’s something to look into.

I would post on your local crags list. Looking for and list the breeds you are interested in. I still have babies under a month from this years hatch someone else might also. Also look up your local poultry association on facebook. Post a looking for. Because of Avian Influenza this year may of us held on to extra birds. Another place to look is on Livestock Conservatory web site breeder list for local breeders. I know with my breed the breeders are still offering babies under 1 month and my breed isn't as common

Back
Top Bottom