Urgent respiratory wheezing-help with Tylan injection please

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
So I thought she was purring in my arms when petting her yesterday but tonight it's definataly wheezing. I have tylan 50 that I understand is perfect for this. The farm I got my girls from gave me a few syringes(have been in the fridge) in case I ever needed them (we've lost 4 to meraks - and yes I know it doesn't cure that, but just in case I had something else going on)

So my first wish is that you guys can say a short prayer for Harriett the cuckoo maran that is now 25 weeks and just 3 days ago her comb/wattles turned bright red!! She's a luv bug. I'm so hopin gthis isn't just a symptom of Meraks as I know can happen but just a respiratory thing.

Ok so this is where I need HELP!!

She told me and showed me (but I've forgotten) how to inject in the left breast. But I'm scarred. Are there pictures anywhere that show me how to do it? How far do i stick the needle in? It's a u-100 needle for insulin use.

OK, I read something about this on another thread, maybe you can find it, but I believe you can also inject her behind her head, in the neck are, by squeezing the skin between your fingers. I also had the same p roblem with some quail.

Quote:
i go as far down from the head , dont worry they hardly notice
hugs.gif
you can do this

thanks so much I did it! she didin't flinch. A little bubble formed but I messaged it in. She's inside the house now in a dog crate with logs inside for her to perch on and all covered so she can get a good nights sleep?

Big question though in the link it talks about using 1 - 1 1/2 cc. I only had a syringe of 1/2 cc, but I have more. Should I give her some more???

You can give down the throat, just make sure to get past the wind pipe.. Us with peafowl give it oral. Can hurt the breast muscle if injected.

Back
Top Bottom