URGENT: Sick male duck

Yeah I’ve heard green tomatoes have dangerous levels of solanine but like you said different varieties might have different levels of it, and it’s good to hear your ducks are enjoying them regardless.
I just like to play it safe, i treat green tomatoes like I treat garlic and onions, a lot of people feed those to their ducks as a natural parasite deterrent but others say never to feed any kind of allium to animals, of course the culinary varieties are less dangerous than ornamentals but I don’t like to take chances.
Me neither! - But one of my drakes was a fence-bulldozer last year: He (heavy bird) stood on the fence, holding it down so that the girls could walk right into the tomato-patch. And when he saw me coming outside, he ran off, leaving the girls behind trapped in the fence. :plbb
I was shocked this year when i caught them in the leafless potato field and thought they would all die within a day, nothing but loud protest when i erected a taller fence around the potatoes.
Garlic? Onions? My ducks hate those. If i throw some green onion to Blanca Duck, the glutton, she grabs it greedily and then spits it out and shakes her head. The same with Basilikum, Oregano, Parsley or Thyme. But they love peppermint! Ducks and Peppermint is like cats and catnip. At least with my ducks…

They’re just like toddlers! I can always tell when one of my geese “Apricot” has something she knows she’s not supposed to, she stares at me while chewing it as fast as she can and the second she sees that I see her she starts running! 🤣
The story of the dang glass marble: In fall of 2018 i saw one of my ducks swallowing a green round glass marble before i could take it away from her. Since then I have spotted it being swallowed by yet another duck and i can't get to them quickly enough because they know i will take it away so they run. That dang marble must have travelled through all ducks in the meantime. One duck poops it out, the next one grabs and swallows it. :sick

The story of the dang glass marble: In fall of 2018 i saw one of my ducks swallowing a green round glass marble before i could take it away from her. Since then I have spotted it being swallowed by yet another duck and i can't get to them quickly enough because they know i will take it away so they run. That dang marble must have travelled through all ducks in the meantime. One duck poops it out, the next one grabs and swallows it. :sick

My cat used to play with marbles and whenever Pasqual would find one, he’d put it in his mouth, unable to swallow it, he’d drop it on the ground, then my cat would get provoked from the sound it makes and plays with it throwing it to pasqual, pasqual would eat it and drop it and the cycle repeats. It was so fun to watch:lol:
I never knew they actually could eat them. Now I’ll be more careful with him eating them. Glad yours are surviving all these adventures. They seem having a loving family and a fun life :love

My cat used to play with marbles and whenever Pasqual would find one, he’d put it in his mouth, unable to swallow it, he’d drop it on the ground, then my cat would get provoked from the sound it makes and plays with it throwing it to pasqual, pasqual would eat it and drop it and the cycle repeats. It was so fun to watch:lol:
I never knew they actually could eat them. Now I’ll be more careful with him eating them. Glad yours are surviving all these adventures. They seem having a loving family and a fun life :love
Don't be worried about Pascal swallowing a marble! As described that marble here has travelled through a lot of ducks without harming them, it is round, has no sharp edges and won't get stuck in their intestines. The same would happen when Pascal would swallow a Marble, but your will have the disgusting job to dig that marble out of his poo and clean it up, so that he can swallow it again... 😜
Yes, i guess i have some of the luckiest ducks in the state of West Virginia, but when you ask them they are all very, very unhappy because they don't get unlimited cat-food! 😂

but your will have the disgusting job to dig that marble out of his poo and clean it up, so that he can swallow it again... 😜
Sounds interesting 😂:sick
Yes, i guess i have some of the luckiest ducks in the state of West Virginia, but when you ask them they are all very, very unhappy because they don't get unlimited cat-food! 😂
I don’t doubt it ♥️ Send them my hugs, snuggles and kisses, and allow them a little bit more cat food 😂

Well, your wish for more cat-food was fulfilled yesterday:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-quack-shack.1312910/post-23634872

I assume Pasqual is doing fine?
This is one of the best stories I read of ducks! You made my day! They’re certainly so adorable. Would love to see some pictures ♥️
Pasqual is doing very well. He’s so lively now and his neck gained its full range movement. He even re-entered his mating season :D
Thanks everyone for the invaluable help and effort :love

Back
Top Bottom