URGENT~ SOFT SHELLED EGGS AND A LETHARGIC DUCK!!!

Good report, thanks!

Thinking about it, Quackers has become kind of a duckling again. She is probably feeling very vulnerable, and I think she understands you are trying to save her life, so, yes, I can see how she would very much want to be with you constantly.

Prayers continue.

I put a half cup of food mas hand normal dry food out to see which one she liked more, then I could stick to feeding her that one. I woke up and went to go check it and she made it kinda hard to see because she ate every last bite out of each bowl! I let her out and gave her another bowl of dry food and she has already eaten half of it. It got down to 29 degrees last night. I put the heat lamp pointing down on her nest and put a wireless thermometer in there so I could check the temp from inside. It stayed about 10-12 degrees above the outside temp.

Hopefully she will keep eating like this and put on some extra winter weight so she will have some extra insulation!
fl.gif

Put her away. She has had about 3 bowls of food today and she is working on her 4th.
Long day, bringing in the plants so they don't frost, harvesting potatoes and sweet potatoes (boiling them in cocoanut milk with sugar is sooo good), renovating the house, and cooking dinner. My head hurts and I am very tired but seeing Quackers' cheery little face makes it all worth it.

(I have a little surprise for all of the wonderful BYC members that have posted, encouraged, helped, and been great friends to me on this thread! You all deserve a big thanks and I am just throwing together a little thank you card for you guys.
wink.png
)

Just spent an hour reading this thread! Came on looking for one thing and stumbled on this. Wow! I was at turns curious, nervous, scared, so very sad, optimistic and now overjoyed! Nicole, what an AMAZING Duck Mommy you are! And Quackers is One Lucky Duck to have you!

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone who chimed in to help out and offer advice, even the hard stuff! Not on anyone's behalf but my own. Why? Because it reminds me no matter what the newpapers and television shows can lead you to believe, there is so much good and magical in our world! This is the BEST website EVER! YOU ALL ROCK!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom