USDA to launch small-scale livestock operations study

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you, Wifezilla!
I personally don't have faith in much the government says-so their angle on this is questionable, at best.
They're already deep enough in my business and I have no intentions on giving them another hole to crawl in and snoop around.
If anyone else does, let me know how it goes-I'd be interested to hear.

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
Hahaha, that is probably accurate. They say this will help you. Then they start spending your money for you ie; permits and fees. Then they will just regulate you out of business.

It kind of bites. It may be a good program, but there is so much anti government rhetoric and distrust (some of it well deserved) that people miss out on a lot. I wouldn't apply either. If nothing else it lets them know what you have.

My house has dropped in value about 100k over the past 3 years because of foreclosures and cheap sales. I was talking to someone about taking my appraisal down to the town hall and have my taxes lowered. She said her neighbor did that and they sent an appraiser from the city out and hit them for a bunch of improvements and made them take down a small barn that didn't have a proper permit.

It's always better to keep a low profile.

If they want to take comments (easy to get a free throwaway email account) online then sure I'll be happy to add my two cents.

But no way am I inviting a search of my home... and when it comes to biosecurity ANY thing, ANY one, ANY where could be considered part of it.

Not that we're a farm or anything, but hypothetically...

I would almost garuntee that it will lead to regulations that will effectivly do away with us small time farmers/hobbyist! And you can bet the big buisness farms are going to be behind it. It will soon be illegal to have poultry unless you can jump thru impossible hoops to get certified to have them!

Back
Top Bottom