Use For Bananas?

I dehydrate bananas. Makes great chips and healthy snacks. Will store for months. Just slice 1/8th inch thick with a stainless steel knife. If not stainless the bananas will turn black. (a meat slicer is real fast) Spray with lemon juice. Dehydrate at 125 degrees until crisp.

So glad this topic came up. I have four black ones on the counter top and we're kind of tired of banana bread. I think I'll slice up into 8 baggies and freeze, use for kefir smoothies. Problem with whole bananas is its too big for single serving and I never know what to do with the other half. But, if I slice up and freeze into serving sizes, well that's perfect for my smoothies and will get used!

That quiet noise you hear in your head is your chickens trying to convince you that you need to give the bananas to THEM! Pronto.

Homemade banana pudding sounds delicious. Do you use the vanilla wafers? I never make the pudding because I refuse to buy stupid box cookies and it seems like all the banana pudding recipes traditionally use vanilla wafers. I guess I could just make the pudding.

Quote:
It's very rare for us to buy anything in a box or can. Have you looked at those ingredients?
sickbyc.gif
I grind my own flour, although I could be persuaded to use white or pastry flour if really needed.

Back
Top Bottom