1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Useless cat not so useless

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by whatnow?, Apr 23, 2008.

1. whatnow?

whatnow? Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2008
    SE PA
    After 14 years, the fluffy white lump on the 5th stair finally caught another mouse. I think it makes two in his entire lifetime. I think I've stepped on more mice than he's caught. My wife was headed to the shower this morning when I heard a wifey distress signal.:eek: Sure enough, a headless wall dweller rested peacefully next to where the white lump had smeared him all over the floor.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

LOL. Maybe all this time the cat didn't feel like sharing and swallowed the mice whole. I've caught my cat choking down whole mice before. It's the larger mice she prefrers to chew up and leave on the steps...

3. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Nothing like a rodent to get us screaming [​IMG]

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Mine is a better bird catcher, and he hasn't tryed seriously to catch a mouse since he almost choked himself to death trying to swallow a mouse head that was just a little larger than average. FORTUNATELY, he was able to cough it up and I didn't have to try a kitty heimlich-- or worse, try to fish the thing out of his mouth with my fingers!!!! EEEEWWW!!

5. whatnow?

whatnow? Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2008
    SE PA
    d.k :

* Mine is a better bird catcher, and he hasn't tryed seriously to catch a mouse since he almost choked himself to death trying to swallow a mouse head that was just a little larger than average. FORTUNATELY, he was able to cough it up and I didn't have to try a kitty heimlich-- or worse, try to fish the thing out of his mouth with my fingers!!!! EEEEWWW!!

[​IMG] It's not funny, but it's funny!​

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Yeah! I told him, " That'll teach you to bite off more than you can chew, Goofball!!!" (Yes, tragically, I DO talk to the critters just like that. [​IMG] )

7. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have one of those Bengal Cats. That thing kills everything. He brought home a rabbit once. Ate on it for a week. He would eat on it then bury it under the trees. A very strange cat. Great mouser. We love him.

8. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Good Kitty! Wretched meeses!

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I kinda wish I had your cat. When I took a half grown rabbit away from Kitty the other night, we had to drive it down the road (far, far away from Kitty) to release it. She got back at me by leaving me a dead squirrel to find in the morning. [​IMG]

10. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Ok, this thread gave me some great belly laughs - thanks y'all! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by