Useless cat not so useless

Catching a squirrel is pretty good.
smile.png

My Patrick only tortures lizards, and birds. No rodents as of yet. He does occasionally bring a live bird into the house to play with... I think he's discovered it can't fly away if he brings it in, and his fun lasts longer. He did a "Superman" off of a brick wall the other day...about 11 ft drop from the top of the wall to the bottom of the incline, where he landed. All in pursuit of a sparrow
wink.png

However, he does love my three pullet girls. He hangs with them all day...and chases all the neighborhood cats away, who would like to make meals out of the girls. So, despite being a tiny bird murderer... he is useful!

We love cats here! So we keep them for love AND because I'm scared to death of rodents. A delima if we bell our cats so they can't catch birds and rabbits well then they cant catch the dreaded rodent. Our cats catch snakes as well , believe me living in the country the cats earn their share of the food here.

Our cat/mouse story goes like this.

Cat sitting in middle of kitchen floor, cleaning himself. Mouse runs by, crawls into cat's food dish. Cat turns watches mouse. Mouse grabs some cat food, runs by cat, back to its hiding place behind china hutch. Cat watches mouse, then cat goes back to cleaning himself. This cat has no use for mice. He would much rather catch baby rabbits and turn them loose in my bedroom at 2am.
roll.png

OK

Some day I'll tell you all about the cat we buried. Yes it was this cat.
lol.png

Back to lurking
Tracy

This cat has no use for mice. He would much rather catch baby rabbits and turn them loose in my bedroom at 2am.

OK

Some day I'll tell you all about the cat we buried. Yes it was this cat.

LMAO! You buried your cat?

I can't sympathize when someone complains that they have rodents in they're garage/barn/house etc.... because I've always had cats. Rodent problems don't exist for cat people.

(unless your cat is Tracy's cat. -still giggling-)​

We are very careful with the cat when the bluebirds are nesting. Each nest is protected from the cats. Now sparrows are another thing.

Back
Top Bottom