User list and items for sale question/suggestion

QuailQT

Songster
10 Years
Oct 23, 2009
NW PA
I am wondering, or would like to suggest if there isn't already, a way to search for members using the first three digits of their zip code. I live in PA and have the user list within my region, but I would like to narrow it down some to members that are even closer for networking. I'm new to this and it would be so nice to get to know some members that are closer, but don't always get on the forum. It would be enjoyable to get together once a month for a Meet n' Greet (egg swap, dinner and lots of visiting. Is it possible to add a field to this for the member info?

Also, if there were a field added for this right before the sale title (so it would be first and wouldn't get lost in the title or forgotten), it would be a breeze to see if the member was close enough for a pick up if you want to save on shipping. Even now, if someone does type (i.e.) PA in their title listing, it may be way too far for pickup.

Just a suggestion thrown out there. Is there something like this already here that I missed?

PS-I suggested only the first three digits because of privacy reasons, as there may be members who don't want people knowing exactly what town they reside in. Three is still enough info for other members to tell if they are "neighbors" or not, while protecting the other members privacy.

Thanks for the idea.

In our research we found that many members weren't comfortable putting in their zip codes, but using just the first few digits isn't a bad idea and may be something we support in the future.

Back
Top Bottom