Using water bottles re: quail

Quote:
I tried these but my soda bottles kept getting all mashed up. I need another way of holding them to the run that won't mash them.

You were using the springs that came with them? They shouldn't mash the bottles...
hu.gif
I don't have that problem. Are the bottles really soft?

I have had a couple of Arrowhead water bottles from CA that were so soft you squished the water out just trying to untwist the cap.
lol.png
That might be it... try some of the stronger soda bottles.
wink.png

Tori, when I was at AKM&F after I met with your hubby today I went over to the store part of it and they have glass bottles there... those would work great wouldnt they.. do you think that wine bottles would work on these style waterers? I like the little ziplok one I saw earlier on some ones post that was SMART!!!!!

oh yeah I just switched my chickens over to the water bottles that I had for my bunnies and they totally got it IMMEDIATLY!!! I am sure the quail would pick it up quick too why not?

I used the soda-pop bottle waterers for the quail... I bet they could be trained to use the bunny waterers.
smile.png

I don't know about the wine bottles...
hu.gif

Quote:
That's awesome! I've been using them with our chicks, but I was wondering how it would work out in the coop.

Tori, I think I'm going to have to try the soda bottle style...much cheaper and easier to change out! Probably cleaner too because they are "disposable" Thank you for that link
wink.png

They do well in the dishwasher, too, so I ordered double what I needed so I have extras while they're in the wash.
wink.png

The soda bottles wash up easy, too...

Water bottles work well with older quail. Baby buttons can't push the ball on even my tiny hamster bottle though.

Back
Top Bottom