USPS charged me $14.10

That’s exactly what I told them but it was like talking to a wall. My dogs would understand and acknowledge more than they did. So irritating. That’s why I wanted to know if anyone else had this happen to them.
Again ... talk to the manager. He/she either needs to be educated ... or needs to fire an "entrepreneur!"

I understand what IMHO means, I also understand a lot of humble opinions buzzing on the same frequency make a mob. Respectfully, IMHO, err on the side of caution, nobody knows what happened. Making a private do push ups won't do anything for the LT's hangover.

@Aristocat123 , sincerely, you'll catch more flys with honey. Jumping will slow tracked, talking sweet will get ya answers. Good night, hope it goes well for you.
:lol: LOVE the analogy! So funny ... yet so TRUE!

Has anyone else been charged for picking up their chicks from the PO. I was told by the “nice” lady at the PO that it was because I intercepted the package from being delivered. I went to the PO the night before to alert them about the package and to ask them to please give me a call as soon as they arrive so I could pick them up. Their excuse was that the shipper has to pay on their side for me to pick them up or else they get delivered by the mail man/woman. We have our mail delivered around 6PM and they would be baked chickens in the heat of the truck as we live in South Florida Nevertheless the status on the USPS tracker is not diligently updated so no one really knows where the chicks are. I have another set of chicks coming in and I want to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. TYA

It sounds to me as if someone at your post office has no idea what they are doing! We have had several orders of chickens come in and I always get a phone call from my post office and never had to pay anything to pick them up!

I am in west central Florida and on my 2nd order from meyer's there where two labels one said next day delivery call person for pick up, on the second label said 2 day delivery but didn't say anything about call person for pick. My chicks arrived on a friday at 7:30 am the post master decided to call me 1:30pm on friday and asked me to come to the PO. When I got there the post master came out to talk to me, he said they hadn't heard any peeping from the box and had me open it to check them out and they where just fine. They just needed water that I had brought with me. Anyway my point is that people can make mistakes whether it's the hatchery or the post office and I wish you good luck at the po. I didn't get charged for picking them up.

Last edited:
Hope you got this straightened out and sorry you had to go through it. I am a clerk at a post office. You should not have been charged to pick up your chicks. A package intercept is when you are either changing the address on a package mid way or holding it somewhere in the middle of delivery. This does not apply to live birds at the post office they were going to in the first place. I hope that this was someone new and confused.

Back
Top Bottom