USPS charged me $14.10

I picked my chicks up from the post office too, NO CHARGE, they called said they were there and I went and picked them up, that simple. I ordered from Meyer Hatchery. There was not an option for delivery and as I live in FL too I would not want my baby chicks riding around in a hot mail truck all day either... I agree, sounds suspicious.... I think you paid for someones lunch that day:barnie

I'm wondering if this is like a neighborhood where I used to work, where if you gave them $20 to pay for something, they'd give you back change as if you paid with $10. Being a trusting soul, it took me 2 times to catch on to what they were doing. Needless to say, those businesses lost my business forever.

I have had chicks delivered to my PO three times and have NEVER been charged. I would contact the hatchery first and let them know. I love my hatchery and have a feeling THEY would call my PO and give 'em hell themselves! Unless your PO has posted that a fee will be charged for a "live" pick up, then what they are doing is illegal....and personally, I believe even if they HAVE posted such a sign, I don't think THAT is legal, either. Since quite a few of us have responded and none of us has been charged, I'd say YOUR PO is pulling a wee scam.....but being a "Federal" agency, that scam could backfire in more than a "wee way!" I live outside of a small town and when my chicks arrive, I usually get "the call" around 5am telling me to get my "XXX" down to the PO and pick up my "XXXXXXX peeping little "XXXXXXXXX" because they're driving everyone crazy! I have found a box of donuts is an excellent antidote to "chick peeping insanity!"

I have had chicks delivered to my PO three times and have NEVER been charged. I would contact the hatchery first and let them know. I love my hatchery and have a feeling THEY would call my PO and give 'em hell themselves! Unless your PO has posted that a fee will be charged for a "live" pick up, then what they are doing is illegal....and personally, I believe even if they HAVE posted such a sign, I don't think THAT is legal, either. Since quite a few of us have responded and none of us has been charged, I'd say YOUR PO is pulling a wee scam.....but being a "Federal" agency, that scam could backfire in more than a "wee way!" I live outside of a small town and when my chicks arrive, I usually get "the call" around 5am telling me to get my "XXX" down to the PO and pick up my "XXXXXXX peeping little "XXXXXXXXX" because they're driving everyone crazy! I have found a box of donuts is an excellent antidote to "chick peeping insanity!"
That’s funny . I love that about life in a small town.

I'm wondering if this is like a neighborhood where I used to work, where if you gave them $20 to pay for something, they'd give you back change as if you paid with $10. Being a trusting soul, it took me 2 times to catch on to what they were doing. Needless to say, those businesses lost my business forever.
If you used to work in Hollywood, Fl it could be

Back
Top Bottom