USPS Confirmation Delievery Problem

I have had expedited books...for classes...and find out that my "shipped" item never even left the store that I bought it from...because the store never even had the stinkin' book to begin with!

I swear...if there was a castration law for morons...oh wait...there is! The Darwin Awards!

From where you are located, shipping times will vary with USPS. I am in NEPA and can get things to this side of the Mississippi in 2-3 days. As soon as it goes more west than that, it can take 4-7 days average.

I guess with chicks & eggs, we should be glad they are still shipping that at all, since the other carriers don't want to.

And, folks, use the on-line ClickNShip or PayPal multi-shipping link. You can process your labels, get FREE delivery confirmation and print a label on a plain piece of paper (just tape on your box). Buy a cheap postage scale (I got one on ebay for about $25.00 that weighs up to 50 lb).

I always use click & ship for Priority, and have always been able to track packages as well as confirm their delivery. The one that was sent to TX could be tracked as far as Dallas before falling into the abyss of the hurricane (it did eventually reach its destination a couple months late). No extra fee, it just came with the track & confirm number. Go figure.

When I ship out Priority, most packages arrive in 2 days, very few take 3 days, and I'm in Central PA. Cali and the other states way over there are 3 day, but I rarely get a three day package out, they almost always take 2 days. A lot of the time, you can get first classes out in 2 days as well, rarely do they take longer than three days, but there's a weight limit, plus DC is $.10 more per package if you're doing a manual mailing.

As far as packages getting lost, some places just suck. There's nothing more to it than bad employees or something. I've lost one package that was shipped here, which irritates me, because it was a live package, but, other than that one package, I don't remember loosing any others, and I've sent a LOT of packages out. If you sent two to the same place, and they had DC or tracking and were lost, then I'd wait to ship there for awhile, see if something improves. If they were both recent shipments, they could be having some type of problem, like a bad employee or bad roads or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom