USPS Does it again....

WhiteMountainsRanch

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
San Diego, CA
Myself and the seller did all our research and did everything we could to make this go right and smooth.

My roo shipped out yesterday from Idaho... was overnighted and supposed to get here to where I could pick him up at noon.

Here is what the tracker says.

Processed through Sort Facility, July 19, 2010, 5:01 pm, BOISE, ID 83708
Acceptance, July 19, 2010, 2:35 pm, BOISE, ID 83708

Called many many times, and got 4 different answers by 4 different people. Last answer was by supervisor and she said bird never left Idaho.

Called seller who went back to the place she shipped him from, who manually checked and said bird DID leave.

Now they are saying he is somewhere between where he left and the distribution center here.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I HATE the USPS, why can they charge you 70 bucks for shipping then mysteriously "lose" your package!

On the upside the weather is wonderful here today so I hope he is ok and makes it in tomorrow morning.

**rant off**

Oh gosh that is stressful! I am sorry for that experience! Not only did they lose a package, they lost a LIVE package. Not like fruitcake at christmas. I hope he arrives safe and is just enjoying the detour! Hope he brought his camera heh. If all goes well do post pictures!

A lot of the times my birds take 2 days, even though they say next day. If their is something hazardous to the birds on that fleet, they will go on the next one. Hope he arrives safely... it gets fustrating. Too bad you weren't closer, I have a SLW roo that needs a home....

I had a roo spend a week in a box being routed and re-routed before he finally came close enough I just drove and picked up at 1 am. I called every post office that he could have possibley gone through and left messages for them to call me if he arrived. A few days later he finally arrived at a post office an hour and a half away. I told them to hang on to him there that I will pick him up. He was in his new pen before the mail man's alarm went off to bring him to my post office. Poor baby he was so stressed out. He would freak out at any movement for over a week. I would call every post office he may have gone to if I where you. It alerts them that they aren't doing their job. Speak to supervisors not just desk clerks. They brush you off. The supervisor don't like being called out that the package is late and hasn't been scanned. They will help look for him. Well, some of them will.

Aww I would take him if I could, I think I have chicken fever... I want ALL of them!

I have been bugging the hell out of the post office here where he is supposed to be... They know me instantly when I call... along with all the supervisors... You think I should call other ones near-by too? There is a sticker on top with my phone number saying call upon arrival... hopefully someone will call me!

How did you get a call at 1am... wouldn't all the places be closed?

Thank you for the hopeful words
fl.gif
I am hoping I get a call bright and early tomorrow morning!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom