USPS embargo on live animals (chicks) through Feb 26, 2021!

Pics
I just spoke to McMurry hatchery. They have their own truck drivers delivering this week's chicks to the Postal Hubs. They are currently making arrangements to do the same with next week's chicks!
Depending on where people live though, I don't see any way they can truck them as fast as, or faster than they were flown. If it took 3 days to get them to your location, they aren't going to be able to drive them fast enough. Not this time of year. Glad that they are doing what they can though!

The problem lies with the postal workers, not the government. They want more for doing less. Welcome to the new America!!!
The problem is the UNIONS work for themselves and the government works for big business.. you're kidding yourself if you think none of this is about politics.. BIG chicken wants us out of the game.. control the food, control the people. Who's thriving during COVID.. corporations and conglomerates, that's who.

The other problem is people sowing seeds of discord over what they perceive as a hidden agenda.. WHAT if someone actually cares about life and folks are just too cynical to see it! We live our own heaven and hell EVERY day..

Welcome to the US.. where it was NEVER about the little guy or the struggling and always about the spoils of war for the wealthy. It's not just America it's everywhere. The $ is king and democracy is fallacy, the left and the right are one in the same! :mad:

But, for me.. I couldn't care less about politics. I'm glad it isn't the main focus of this forum, though I DO understand that politics HEAVILY impact our PRIVILEGES as bark yard keepers! :barnie

My postal workers are good to me. Yes the system is broken. FIRE the UNIONS!!! Eliminate the UNIONS.. who we WERE required to pay fees to for the longest time while they THREW us under the bus, negotiation after negotiation.. time after time.. Guess who STILL gets their pay when workers strike.. UNION! And they have the workers volunteering to perform their paid tasks.. 100% they served a purpose at a time in the past.. NOT today! :smack

Hope y'all get lots of healthy chicks NO matter who delivers them! :wee

So is the embargo due to backlog or mail or due to weather problem from most territories? I’m a little confused what I am hearing.
There were problems before everything with the weather started which is also being discussed here. The weather made it 10x worse and caused the severe backlogs we are seeing currently. It’s all connected.

As far as I know, tsc is still starting chick days on time

Does anyone else have a shipment of chicks next week that is now embargoed? What happens to the chicks??
I assume you will be #1 in line when they fan safely ship again. If a farm is near a hatchery call and ask for an awesome deal this week - if you can get there and home safely and keep them warm. I would think flock discounts could include sweet breeding stock! Stay warm!

So is the embargo due to backlog or mail or due to weather problem from most territories? I’m a little confused what I am hearing.
It looks to me like a mix.
This week that's almost over--weather.
Next week--mostly backlog of stuff that they couldn't deliver this week. And they don't want live animals slowed down and suffering or dying while they're trying to catch up. But I think weather is still an issue in at least some areas, too.

I could write you a 5 page rant on whats wrong with the USPS seeing as I work for them. I do very much so agree that the unions need to either Go or be thoroughly reworked. But it wont do anyone any good.
DO contact your state representatives though. The Post office got screwed over hard last year with both Politics and COVID policies.
This is not a job where you can just fill in open postions with untrained personel. Thats applies across the board wether its your local carrier, a distribution center, or truck driver. So I get the embargo on live animal shipment sucks Royaly, but I've seen and smelled the aftermath of a plant "loosing" a full trailer load of chicks. If we can keep that from happening again Im all for it. Better a quick death at the hatchery then freezing to death in transit.

The embargo notice that I saw was for the day it came out during the storms until Feb 26.

Everyone who orders chicks after that should be fine, but if your shipping date was during those days, you may need to re-schedule your order.

There were problems before everything with the weather started which is also being discussed here. The weather made it 10x worse and caused the severe backlogs we are seeing currently. It’s all connected.
So it sound like due to both. I find it so heart breaking sad this is now a issue due to the backlog. I don’t remember being this bad. I seen hick ups inside. Not on the magnitude of this current scale.
I am glad it they are concern about the weather impact we right now. If it were only about the weather, I think the temporary embargo is fine. But this backlog of problems is such unbearable though.

Back
Top Bottom