USPS Ruined my eggs! PICS USPS gets an F- grade from me!

Trust me, I know how it feels. This year's egg shipments have been terrible for me. They lost my emu egg that was sent priority mail. Took them over a week to locate it. Smashed goose eggs and scrambled/cracked chicken eggs. All were marked fragile. I recently bought swan eggs and definitely didn't want them destroyed. So I had the swan eggs shipped to me overnight by fed ex. They arrived in perfect condition! And are developing nicely in my bator now.

If you want valuable eggs shipped to you, I think it's well worth the money to have it shipped via UPS or FedEx. Never had any trouble with them thus far. I'm sure it happens, but much less risk than usps. The post office stinks and I refuse to have anymore eggs shipped to me by usps. No wonder they are hurting.

Last edited:
I had the same trouble last year. My first box of eggs sat in a hot sorting facility for 3 days, 5 of 18 hatched. Next box was packed perfectly in another box packing peanuts and eggs wrapped in bubble wrap. I think they used the box to play football or something. I actually had a broken egg in there despite all the protection. 0 of 18 hatched.I do think words like fragile make boxes targets for the post sorting crew. Be careful with insurance, my wife got some broken pottery on ebay that was insured. So I file a claim at the post office and this starts a waiting game. In the end they deny her claim because they did not like how the pottery was shipped, not enough wrapping. Now it was to late to file a claim on Ebay and the seller was a turd and did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom