Utah!

so you all know, meyer hatchery is haveing a drawing for free chicks on facebook. you just like their page and then you are entered for a bunch of chicks. if you already like the page you can just fill something out to be entered. and just so you all know, if i win some there may be a basket of chicks dropped off at one of your doors
tongue.png

You little stink, why did you have to tell me that..that's all I need is more hatchery chicks. :) They are fun, especially when they all arive alive. Well let's see, if Brad was to drop off a cute basket of chicks, that's a different story. Maybe you could split them up, between all of us!

Lisa, that was the first thing I thought of when I started reading about the symptoms she's having..mono.
It really does sound like an immune problem with all that she has going on. It's hard for docs when there are so many possibilities and same symptoms. Viral too, hard for them to treat, it just has to run it's course. She's a young..a positive thing right there!
Have to ask. I know that they are doing a lot of tests.. have they done a spinal tap? You never know..don't mean to scare you any more than you already are, but maybe you should ask for one. Wouldn't hurt to ask, to check for MS. Sorry! But it would be good to rule that one out. I'm not familiar with the Niles symptoms, but sure am going to check that out now. Will you let her know that your chicken friends are hoping she gets well soon!
Hope you don't mind a prayer or two going hers and your way.

Birdman, I am telling you right now - if you drop chicks off at my house, you will get roostered so hard and so fast, you will be dizzy!
tongue.png

Lisa, I thought of Mono at first, too, or Epstein Barr (advanced form of Mono) but I've never heard of the spleen being affected with either of those. Poor baby, I hope she gets better soon. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

Okay, here are pictures of Stevie.

Close up of the hackles here. Sorry, I used my phone camera, so it's not crystal clear.

Tail and back feathers.

Poor Stevie. He/she wondered what the heck I wanted.

I started to get suspicious of the gender when I noticed that his tail was failing to feather out in a very showy fashion. Then I saw that Stevie and Angel's hackle feathers were practically the same shape. And THEN I noticed that my two Icee cockerels, who are at least a month younger, have very developed, red wattles and combs. Steve's? Not so much. Again, they look more like Angel's, the black Wyandotte sister.

Red---Ummm--- Looks just like the mama! I would feel pretty sure...about thinking she was a she...

Thanks guys----Cynthia you are so sweet....they will see her again to do more tests (spinal tap included) if this is not improving in a week. Poor thing, senior year, lost her best bud, performances for drill and dance all over, can't get out of bed first week of school, scared to death about losing her great GPA if she gets behind right off the bat....Debate starts this week also, and they HAVE to be there.....she just has to get past the stress alone. Trying to tell her that it will be ok, she cries NO! it wont!!! Her health is all I care about right now, she has to stay down, hard to keep this kid down, she is a busy body. If she can just stay calm, keep resting, hopefully whatever the bug is will clear out. I was so so so sure it was Mono. When all the tests came back negative I was shocked. This one have never been sick, so it is surprising to see her like this. Thanks for the prayers and crossies, hope it works!

Got my boy all ready for tomorrow. Big day. Best friend has opposite lunch time as him, so he is stressing too. Just gotta get through this week!
New kids enrolled in my preschool. Gotta get used to all the new faces. So much going on! I may be a little scarce for a few days :D

Ok Dalooras, have to warn you, my Wheatons have been eating apples under the apple tree, and yes, that does cause one thing..but the thing I worried about is, their dirty little faces. It's kind of comical actually..to me. I'm used to seeing them pig out on them, they just love those apples! But the dirt under these trees is a real dark black dirt. The Wheatons, and my EE mix show the dirt real bad. I had to bring my hubby out to show him how funny they looked. Their little muffs..a round circle on their faces, just black. Now, where I may think it's cute, you may not like getting a dirty faced girl, but there is no stopping them. Clean them up..they are right back out there! I'm sorry, but you will have a little face to clean when you get them..and, you just may have to buy some apples for them so they don't miss their favorite treat in the yard. :)

Haha, no biggie... mine have yogurt all over their faces now, I gave them some yesterday,better a healthy chicken for me anyday=)

Hooray for Ninja's new home! (in a manner of speaking) We used to have a cat that someone dumped at our house when she was pregnant. She had two litters of kittens, and the one I kept was one of the best mousers we've had. Another of our kitties we have now was dumped at a campground when she was a kitten, and we brought her home and got her fixed.

Sorry, I'm so chatty today.

Aren't her boys cute? They came over a while back with their dad to get some chicks I was babysitting for Dalooras/Mesha. I had to laugh - the boys were catching and holding the chicks I had in the yard as soon as they saw them. I think their dad was worried that I'd be upset, but I didn't mind at all. Having them handled helps them to stay gentle, and anyway, the younger boy picked up the sweetest pullet I have
smile.png
She didn't mind, either.

You're sweet Red.. yes, DH was mortified that they were just running around picking up chickens... I guess at least they're not afraid... Have had some of the neighbor kids come over and want to see the chicks and then didn't want to touch them, not even the little fluffy butt ones... kind of strange in my book a child that doesn't want to touch an soft animal...

You little stink, why did you have to tell me that..that's all I need is more hatchery chicks. :) They are fun, especially when they all arive alive. Well let's see, if Brad was to drop off a cute basket of chicks, that's a different story. Maybe you could split them up, between all of us!

Haha, I'll ditto that, too!!

Sphinx... GORGEOUS pics!!! wow, really pretty, thanks for sharing!!

School starts here next week, and I have my online class this week, and I'm helping teach some classes at the hospital this week and I teach in Relief Society next week, ACK!! BYC is my stress-relief for a brief moment!!

Lisa, I'm so sorry your poor daughter is so sick. I hope she feels better soon and doesn't fall too far behind with school. Congrats on new preschool kids, how fun.

Red, that does look awfully girly.

Sundance, it sounds hysterical to see those tiny turkeys trying to present. I have heard that they can be big bullies, so I'm betting you will eventually have to separate them. Are the quail loving their newfound freedom?

My smooth faced EE just squatted for me! So hopefully that means I'll be seeing some eggs from her soon. Right now our BO, SS, BR and Welsummer are laying. I can't wait for the other 4 to start!

The chickens are so funny, whenever they hear me opening the sliding door in back they run to the fence and watch me, then they follow me around the run. It makes me feel guilty for not having a treat. I guess I need to buy some scratch because I can't keep giving them spinach and our greens all the time. LOL

My smooth faced EE just squatted for me! So hopefully that means I'll be seeing some eggs from her soon. Right now our BO, SS, BR and Welsummer are laying. I can't wait for the other 4 to start!

The chickens are so funny, whenever they hear me opening the sliding door in back they run to the fence and watch me, then they follow me around the run. It makes me feel guilty for not having a treat. I guess I need to buy some scratch because I can't keep giving them spinach and our greens all the time. LOL

Actually.....what you are giving them now, is better in this hot weather. Scratch can cause them to warm up more than needed..so I read. So, that good ol spinach and greens is what they are wanting from you. If it early out, I will give them some scratch, but they are out free ranging in the yard too.
Isn't it fun that they love you for your treats? :)) I'll bet yours have been eying that darling garden area of yours, just wishing for some tomatoes! :) Any watermelon in there?

Time for some pictures. Here is the Wheaton for Dalooras..I cleaned her face last night, and gave her a good DE treatment even though I didn't see even one buggie. But, I've seen a couple of my other girls scratching, so I do them all..it's that time anyway. I hope she keeps that face clean. My hubby put some watermelon out there for them last night.

She has a pretty fluffy muff and puffy cheeks going on!

She has a bit of blue in her wings.

Ah ha! An apple! Checking it out. Thought I was going to catch
her in the act of getting sticky face. Then head off for the
dirt she likes to play in.

lol..changed her mind about the apple, but headed for the dirt.
Pretty girl.

Back
Top Bottom