Utah!

Here are a lot of baby picture of the Polish. I can never take just a few, they are so cute, and each one different. They grow so fast don't they?

Hello! What's up? Her head! lol..a little laced buff, wondering
what in the world I'm doing in there, and why they aren't in
their run yet. It's cloudy, not sure it's going to rain?

See, this silver wants out. Some of the buffs have more orange
in their feathers than others, kind of like the silvers..a couple
of light ones and dark ones.

I think a couple of the silvers are lacing out really nicely. Nice top
on this one too.

A darker silver, and a light one, and the scaredy cats..the supposedly
black crested whites.

Nice lacing on the one in back, the front one isn't too bad though.
The big one back there is my, ahem, probably boy. Cutest personality!

Ooo, nice top on this buff..my camera, not so good as I stuck
my arm inside the coop.

There, the coloring is better in this picture. The buff is showing
up better in them now.

Look at the difference in the wings in these BCW's. And,
notice all of that color in the wings! What's up with that? And,
I'm waiting to see black pin feathers to start popping up on
those heads. My older one that I hatched is just now getting
pin feathers on the head, so guess it will be a while. This will
be an interesting watching time.

This is my fav. picture of the buffs. You can see those muffs!

That Wheaten is beautiful! And those baby pictures.........
love.gif
I'm literally sitting here and giggling over how cute they are. I need to cuddle a chicken when I get home, now. I love how you can see the lacing coming in on some of the silver laced (?) And how those little buffs watch you. And those muffs...............heeeeee!

So are all the buffs bearded Cynthia? I read that they send mixed, bearded and non-bearded....in the the SL and the BL. The one in the last pic has great cheeks :)

The pics are so cute! I love the way the polish babies look :)

Last edited:
Uh oh. My Icelandic cockerel, Gunther, is definitely crowing. It's very cute, and not yet that loud, but I'm going to have to move him and his buddy to another location. I don't want any neighbors getting irritated by the noise. Plus, the two cockerels are wandering further and further out in our yard. It's only so long before they are across the street and in someone else's yard, and I am sure my neighbors would not thank me for that. Oh, sad day. I don't want to move my boys, but I don't want to be forced to get rid of them if the city shows up, either.

And someone is definitely checking out the nesting cubby in the run. The grass I threw in there yesterday has been shoved around and arranged just so.

I'm enjoying having turkeys so much. I think at some point in the future, I may well consider getting a breeding pair of heritage turkeys. I'd love some Royal Palms, or possibly some Sweetgrass or some kind of blue/slate coloration.
I have a pair of Royal Palms, pair of Bourbon Reds and a pair of Blue Slates for sale.. They are a year old... pm me if you are interested...

Sphinx beautiful pictures! You have done a lot of hiking in Zion's this summer. I hope to do some this fall.

Lisa I'm so sorry about your daughter. That is such a worry. Please keep us up on how she is doing. The poor thing. Such a bad thing to have happening. So many pressures with school and activities at that age can only make things worse. She will be in my prayers. My daughter went through a time like that but hers was mono. Unfortunately then that whole year she got every sickness that was going around really bad. It was not a good year. A lot of makeup stuff.

Red so impressed you could get a deer with a bow. Wow!

Cynthia love those babies! Sure wish they were bantams. :)

My hatching isn't going so well this time. Bad shipped eggs. Too many loose air sacs. So sad I'm down to 4.
hit.gif

Our vacation was fun. We spent some time at the beach and went to Old Town and met this random homeless man with a chicken (Serama rooster) Jerry was the roosters name.
smile.png
So we spent about 30 minutes talking to him about his chicken and of course showing him pictures of our chickens on my phone. He sure loves his chicken. He keeps it in a little dog kennel with hay in the bottom. He taught it to do tricks with his big black dog. It was so fun talking to him about chickens. So hard to see people living without a home. He was such a nice man. I think it was fun for him to have people interested in him and his chicken.

Actually.....what you are giving them now, is better in this hot weather. Scratch can cause them to warm up more than needed..so I read. So, that good ol spinach and greens is what they are wanting from you. If it early out, I will give them some scratch, but they are out free ranging in the yard too.
Isn't it fun that they love you for your treats? :)) I'll bet yours have been eying that darling garden area of yours, just wishing for some tomatoes! :) Any watermelon in there?
They have eaten more than their share of fresh ripe tomatoes from my garden, which is why I can't let them out unattended! :) I do have watermelons growing out there, but they aren't ready yet. Whenever I cut a watermelon for us I take the rinds out there and they go crazy. After a day there is literally no red left on the rind. I think I'm going to cut some melon to go with dinner tonight, they'll love it.

Lisa I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on with your daughter. What about the new swine flu that's out this year? H3N1 or something?

Kimmy, there's a new swine flu? Gag! I hadn't even heard about a new one.

Aunt Hattie, thanks! And I hope your remaining eggies do okay. And, it was really cool of you to chat with that homeless guy. I'll bet he was lonely. How cool that you shared a common interest!

Red has squatting pullets, and new cockerels that are trying to crow. How fun. :)

Lisa, The buffs and the SL have the puffiest muffs! The BCW's have some, but not like the silvers and buffs. So far, I'm a bit disappointed about the BCW's, but, it will be fun to watch and see what happens. Between you, sundance, and myself, we can share photos as to what is happening with them.

Aunti, you know you want a LF Polish! They lay bigger eggs. :) Instead of tiny cuteness, they are bigger cuteness.

Cynthia, I love those laced polish. They're going to be stunning.

Hattie, I'm glad your vacation was fun. It sounds like a blast.

Back
Top Bottom