Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I wondered where our sundance was! You are a very busy lady! I wish I had that kind of go in me!!

2. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh, I'm pretty sure you wan three, just to have a better chance. [​IMG]

3. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Sundance! I was wondering where you were. Glad you're okay, and how exciting about the chicks [​IMG] Take care.

Dalooras, he's 19 weeks old. Hasn't started to crow yet, but I found the pointy saddle feathers yesterday. If you want him, he's yours. I'd even be happy to hold on to him a bit for you, if you need [​IMG] I really didn't want him to be dinner.

4. slvrphoenix

slvrphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    cache valley ut
    A friend of mine asked last night is i knew where he could a blue egg hen he has one but wants a couple more he night even take a rooster. Anyone have any ideas?

5. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Sphinx I got so excited about seeing Cynthia's chicks I for got to comment on your sweet lavender. So sorry to hear about her not making it. I have been in fear of having one of my girls die and how I will handle it in the future and I think I would have felt the same as you did. It would be so hard to see them suffering but really not being able to make the call on what is the best thing to do. I don't think I could end their life. I would just have to love them until the end. [​IMG]

Cynthia then maybe 4 [​IMG]It is just so hard finding a place for the roosters! [​IMG]

Sasha good luck with your job interview! That would be a fun place to work.

6. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    4 it is, and that will leave me with one lonely baby, because, ok, here goes chicken math, I have 8 of them now. I want to keep three. You take 4, that leaves one more! What to do what to do..want another one for free? :) 5 it is then!
    Is it hard to find a place for bantam roosters..even ones that are different in color like this? I would so have a birchen bantam rooster, if I were breeding. An Ameraucana rooster, to breed. A Welsummer rooster to breed. Let's see how many pens would I have? LOL...I would really want a leghorn for breeding..not only for the true breed, but it would be fun to do what that guy did with our white EE mixes. My girl is getting more and more pretty, my DH even said something about her this morning. Oh, I would also need a Silkie Rooster!!
    Anyway, let me know, I will hold all of them until you make it here.

7. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    [​IMG] sounds good! Thanks Cynthia. Not free because I was going to use this chance to pay the extra I own on the incubator you sold me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    oh oh, I forgot..I do have that one sold..to a gal in our ward! Sorry, back to 4 only. :(

9. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Cynthia, those EE/Leghorns are turning out to be pretty fun. I keep noticing how creamy and pretty mine looks. She is starting to fill out with more of an adult shape now, and she looks so soft and fluffy. And she has the sweetest face. Polite little beard, big gentle eyes. I love having her. I'm so glad I got one of them from you. Now I hope it doesn't turn out to be a boy [​IMG]

10. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    My girl is white, with the little bit of spotting on the head and body.

I can tell mine is a girl..can't you tell yet? Pretty sure anyway..sure am glad, she is the only one I kept out of those..whew! Glad I got one, she is pretty. And the guy just said that the ones he hatched from the same mix, are starting to lay, he had some hatch a little sooner, but says they start laying around 20 weeks..and they are laying a lot. Makes me smile. :))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by