Utah!

Sasha so glad you are eggs are looking like they made it! Yay! Hope you can post pics of your new babies.

I have had one hatch this morning from my SG eggs. A white silkie though, not a SG, it is supposed to be a 50/50 chance, but I was hopeful because last time I got all SG.... dang!

The guy sending me SG eggs said he was sending d'uccle as extras, so Sasha, if you want more...let me know :) I am trying to steer clear of bantams after my Japanese got trampled. Just SG in a separate coop.

Are you sure these are boys??   Are they crowing? 

They are about 8 weeks and have a three rowed red comb :/ one of them has started to make a long squeaky noise that sounds like a rat being strangled.,,might be a first attempt at a crow? Not positive, but they do have awfully red combs for their age. They are a leghorn mix so it is possible they are female with much bigger than normal combs, but if you look at Casa's, hers has no comb yet.

HAPPY BDAY Blujems !!! :)

Last edited:
Hey there my Utah peeps! I posted in the Idaho thread but I know more Utah people than Idaho, so I'm re-posting, here.I It's time to decide how many birds to keep in my breeding pens for the 2014 season so I put up a poll on my QCU Facebook page. Please vote if you're interested in any of my birds for next year. Thanks!
smile.png

https://www.facebook.com/QcuPoultry

Hey there my Utah peeps! I posted in the Idaho thread but I know more Utah people than Idaho, so I'm re-posting, here.I It's time to decide how many birds to keep in my breeding pens for the 2014 season so I put up a poll on my QCU Facebook page. Please vote if you're interested in any of my birds for next year. Thanks!
smile.png

https://www.facebook.com/QcuPoultry

I wish you lived closer. :/

I wish you lived closer. :/
There is always the Chicken Train!

Other than being in the NPIP program and filing the reports, are there any other requirements for shipping live chicks/birds into Utah? I read somewhere that you have to include a veterinarian health certificate and an import permit. ??? Has anybody had birds shipped into Utah from a private breeder this year?

Red, I would be leaving for Sanpete on Friday, May 24 in the afternoon.

That double yolker duck egg is awesome!

rlh1, yay for chirps! I hope your hatch is fantastic.

SillyMcCoy, I really wish you could keep those little guys, they are so cute.

Sasha, yay for live duck eggs!!!

Happy Birthday BluJems!!

Lisa, that silkie is so beautiful. I need a silkie.

There is always the Chicken Train! 

Other than being in the NPIP program and filing the reports, are there any other requirements for shipping live chicks/birds into Utah? I read somewhere that you have to include a veterinarian health certificate and an import permit. ???  Has anybody had birds shipped into Utah from a private breeder this year? 

I've had Isbars and Greenfires 2013 cream Legbars sent and, as far as I know, there's no vet certificate needed.

Back
Top Bottom