Utah!

Hello all
frow.gif

So today I finished with runs 3 and 4, except for their doors...whew!! Tomorrow husband cuts the chicken doors in the steel and I finish the run doors. Inside I still have to separate the big coop into two separate spaces for each run. YAY!!
ya.gif
Then I can part two more breeds apart from the rest, and start readying for pure eggs from them.

GRRRR... the Wels found a way to get their door open yesterday evening and I saw NuRoo, my Legbar, cavorting with the Wel hens.... huh!!!
There goes another week for pure eggs from them
barnie.gif

Tomorrow's another busy, busy day!!

Sphinx, on the Idaho thread, Birdguy said his parents could bring Mesha's legbar roo to me on Thurs or Fri...they are coming from Id falls to Logan...

Christina, would you want to meet Sphinx on your way back south from my house on Saturday and take the roo to her? Sphinx are you around Sat evening/late afternoon?

If not I would be glad to keep him in my garage for you until we can meet up.

That works great for me!!
clap.gif
Would love to help get that little guy to Sphinx.

I wanted to offer some ameraucana cockerel chicks for free if anybody is intereted. I have blue, black, and silver and they came in a st run order directly from John Blehm (the former president of the Ameraucana breeders club) and they weren't cheap but I don't need all 8 cockerels :) http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/2/2-3/John_W_Blehm.html

Attached is a pic of a blue boy. I actually waited for 2 years to get these birds since John's orders are filled fast.
Has anybody else ordered from him before?
I asked for all chicks hatched from the bluest eggs he had and I got a mix of black, blue, and silver chicks.
Could be some nice new genetics for somebody!

These can be brought to the IF chicken stock on Sat!!

Desert Springs, I am horrified that I sent you a silver pullet by mistake instead of the cockerel that I was trying to place. It there is any chance you would be willing to trade me back for the cockerel that was originally intended for you?? Getting the chicks was a long, hard, and expensive haul for me and I've been sick about since I found out it that I grabbed the wrong chick.

-Grey Bird

I'm also in NE Utah so we can't be that far from each other, I'd be happy to make the drive and bring you the cockerel.

Sooooo far behind and I am having a hard time reading for more than a few min. at a time...so I will never catch up. I did see sundance is in the hospital, I hope someone that emails her tells her I am thinking of her and hope she gets home soon.
Everyone else I am wishing you all the best!

I candled my Wheaten Marans eggs (day 10) and out of 15 I only wonder about 2 the rest seem to be developing well....Yay!
Wish me luck I really, really want these chicks to hatch. then I can start rehoming all the hens I don't want to keep.

I am looking for a really nice Blue wheaten ameraucana rooster. the one I have doesn't seem to care about the hens (other than breeding them of course).

a good rooster will make sure the girls eat first and keep them in line and safe....This one only cares about himself.

Unless someone can think of a good (color) ameraucana rooster to mix with my wheaten hens? Open to suggestions there.

Blu if you can't find one, I have 4 chicks from pawtraitart growing out, if there is a boy in there I would gladly give it o you when I can tell for sure. They are her pure Wheaten Ams..can't tell for sure if they are Wheaten or Blue Wheaten. My luck there will be plenty of boys in the bunch lol. But wow they come from pretty blue eggs :)

I just heard from my parents and one of my sisters had a mini crisis come up they are going to go deal with tomorrow so they will be coming to see us next week instead... if that still works to get the boy to Lisa... let me know ..

So I had 4 silkie eggs go,into lock down. Two quit between Monday and this morning. The last two are acclimating their lungs and still squirming. I hope I can get those two through this at least
1f630.png

I think that our buff orpington may be going broody. Yesterday when I checked for eggs she was sitting in the favorite nesting box and had her feather puffed out (she wasn't in the normal "in the zone" like she is in the nest box when she's laying, she tried to attack me and wouldn't move off the nest and they usually do if I try to get eggs) and last night when she came out with the others she kept her feathers puffed out as well. I just checked for eggs again and she's sitting in the nest box and when I picked her up a little bit there are downy feathers in the box with her and she tried to attack me again. She was NOT going to leave that box. I wish that we weren't moving in 45 days or I'd go to IFA and get some day olds and see how she does with them...although I guess she should be separated from the rest of the flock for that.

So what do I do? Just let her sit there? She must have scared all the others off of the favorite nest box because there were 6 eggs in one box and 1 in another (the little exchequer, she usually hangs by herself so she must lay in her own spot as well LOL).

Back
Top Bottom