Utah!

Hello all
frow.gif

Not good!!
sad.png
Came home from fishing today, and both big brooder lights were out. I've been having problems with the wiring on these two brooders, for the last few days
barnie.gif
. Thought I had it handled!! With that and the power failures and surges this area of the county has been having the last 2 weeks, because of the high winds, I'm freaking out over my eggs in the incubator
sickbyc.gif
. Luckily the chicks in the big brooders are older and there are only a few.

So thrilled the Icelandics hatched but still woriied over the Legbars, and the rest. In the morning, I'll check the Legbar eggs closer. So worried since they didn't pip today
sad.png
sad.png

Last edited:
Desert, I hope your babies are okay
fl.gif

We lost one of the turkey poults today. It was the little Narragansett. It was moving slower than the others and seemed weak yesterday when I picked it up and helped it to drink some water. Today it's just gone. I can't find it anywhere in the yard, so I don't know if a predator picked it off or what. I'm very sad to have lost a little one, especially because I have heard that that breed is so beautiful as adults. But, the two Spanish Blacks are doing well and are very peppy and lively, so at least they're okay.

Hello all
frow.gif

Not good!!
sad.png
Came home from fishing today, and both big brooder lights were out. I've been having problems with the wiring on these two brooders, for the last few days
barnie.gif
. Thought I had it handled!! With that and the power failures and surges this area of the county having been having the last 2 weeks, I'm freaking out over my eggs in the incubator
sickbyc.gif
. Luckily the chicks in the big brooders are older and there are only a few.

So thrilled the Icelandics hatched but still woriied over the Legbars, and the rest. In the morning, I'll check the Legbar eggs closer. So worried since they didn't pip today
sad.png
sad.png
Where did you go fishing, and was it any good?

The last chick zipped and got out just fine, that'll make the 1st batch 100% (not counting eggs taken out at fertility phase 1) My 2nd batch will begin hatching in about 2-3 days. So Excited, i've got some Barnevelders in there!

Desert, I hope your babies are okay
fl.gif

We lost one of the turkey poults today. It was the little Narragansett. It was moving slower than the others and seemed weak yesterday when I picked it up and helped it to drink some water. Today it's just gone. I can't find it anywhere in the yard, so I don't know if a predator picked it off or what. I'm very sad to have lost a little one, especially because I have heard that that breed is so beautiful as adults. But, the two Spanish Blacks are doing well and are very peppy and lively, so at least they're okay.
Sorry Red
sad.png
. That's heartbreaking
hit.gif
. I hate losing any. I feel like I failed somehow, but realize it's just part of being in these little ones lives. We all have to look ahead and be grateful for those that make it.

On a happy note. The Icees are scampering about on feet and legs that look too big for their little bodies...lol
lau.gif
. They are so tiny... but look really healthy and lively.

Where did you go fishing, and was it any good?

The last chick zipped and got out just fine, that'll make the 1st batch 100% (not counting eggs taken out at fertility phase 1) My 2nd batch will begin hatching in about 2-3 days. So Excited, i've got some Barnevelders in there!

Hi Kyle
frow.gif

We went to Moon Lake up by Mountain Home and Altamont. The lake was frustrating... they started jumping after my first cast, but no bites. We didn't take the boat, so were stuck on the beach...
barnie.gif
. We started fishing the river, which is what I really like. Reeled in a whopper Cut-throat within minutes and then a small one, I threw back. DH sprained his ankle so navagating the hills and rocks along the river were out of the question. Just LOVE
love.gif
fishing!!

Congratulations on your hatch!!!!
clap.gif
Awesome percentage!!! Are those pure AMs or EEs?

I have more going into lockdown almost every 4 days now, until the middle of July.... have over 100 eggs in the incubator right now. Hmmmm.... can't remember whose scheduled to hatch next (my info is out in the Chick Shack, think they are eggs from my Wels, pure BS Am roo over his Blue hens, and guineas), other than my Legbars were scheduled today and no pip, yet. I'm hoping they're late with all the power problems the town has been having, with the intense wind. The power not only shuts down my brooder lights and incubator but also the air conditoners that keeps the Chick Shack temperature controlled. The Icelandics were a day early so I can handle the Legbars being late. I'll be sincerely crushed if they don't make it
hit.gif

Sorry Red
sad.png
. That's heartbreaking
hit.gif
. I hate losing any. I feel like I failed somehow, but realize it's just part of being in these little ones lives. We all have to look ahead and be grateful for those that make it.

On a happy note. The Icees are scampering about on feet and legs that look too big for their little bodies...lol
lau.gif
. They are so tiny... but look really healthy and lively.

Hi Kyle
frow.gif

We went to Moon Lake up by Mountain Home and Altamont. The lake was frustrating... they started jumping after my first cast, but no bites. We didn't take the boat, so were stuck on the beach...
barnie.gif
. We started fishing the river, which is what I really like. Reeled in a whopper Cut-throat within minutes and then a small one, I threw back. DH sprained his ankle so navagating the hills and rocks along the river were out of the question. Just LOVE
love.gif
fishing!!

Congratulations on your hatch!!!!
clap.gif
Awesome percentage!!! Are those pure AMs or EEs?

I have more going into lockdown almost every 4 days now, until the middle of July.... have over 100 eggs in the incubator right now. Hmmmm.... can't remember whose scheduled to hatch next (my info is out in the Chick Shack, think they are eggs from my Wels, pure BS Am roo over his Blue hens, and guineas), other than my Legbars were scheduled today and no pip, yet. I'm hoping they're late with all the power problems the town has been having, with the intense wind. The power not only shuts down my brooder lights and incubator but also the air conditoners that keeps the Chick Shack temperature controlled. The Icelandics were a day early so I can handle the Legbars being late. I'll be sincerely crushed if they don't make it
hit.gif

I'm a fanatic when it comes to fishing, it's so nice to get out relax and fish. Yeah they're pure Ameraucanas, My barnevelder eggs are just now starting to pip, so i should have those hatching by tomorrow at the latest.
big_smile.png

Desert, I am on the edge of my seat with the legbars. I desperately hope they make it. I'm glad your chicks were ok after the brooder light failures. Scary!

Red, I'm so sorry you lost a poult. It sounds like maybe things weren't quite right inside. Still sad though.

Kyle, those chicks are really cute.

I haven't been on all weekend, and come on to see very cute chicks :D Congrats Kyle and Desert on the cute new babies. So very sorry to hear about Reds, baby turkey, and the lights going out. Yikes!

Its been a very crazy week, had tons of family here for a wedding. So now its settling down. So my sister has decided she didn't want my Golden Laced Polish Chick. Anyone on here want her before I post her on KSL? She has been outside for over a week now, and is doing great, was 7 weeks old last Saturday. She was a sexed Pullet when I got her. PM if interested, I'm going up to Lils in Salt Lake tonight to pick up some chicks in case she needs a ride. Sorry, they aren't the best photos, but I had two 5 year olds trying to help me, and she didn't want to have anything to do with those 2 kids in the run. LOL

Last edited:
I'm a fanatic when it comes to fishing, it's so nice to get out relax and fish. Yeah they're pure Ameraucanas, My barnevelder eggs are just now starting to pip, so i should have those hatching by tomorrow at the latest.
big_smile.png
When I'm fishing the whole world and all it's many problems disappear
big_smile.png
.... plus, I love the challenge of 'knowing' where the big one is and actually catching 'em
wink.png
... Yesterday I hiked around until I got to a place on the river I had told DH was a big one. Just past heavy falls, with a deep hole in the middle. Not even 2 minutes and I thought I had a snag...lol
lau.gif
... DH thought so too, until it moved. Tough fight... so cool! The next was on again within two minutes.... slightly bigger than large frypan size but small enough, to me, to be released
smile.png

When I lived down in Sevier County I would easily catch my limit off the Sevier River, with another 4 being released
yesss.gif
. Many a cousin or aunt would tease their husband, brother or son who would hit the river, only to be skunked...
gig.gif
lol, that a girl out fished them. I've been fishing since I was three, on the Weber river, in front of my grand parents cabin. Nothing like it!!!!

Anyway, back to the cluck clucks!!! So excited to hear about yur new arrivals!! BTW: Which color of AMs do you have? Saw some had the chipmunk stripes... so cool!! Who did you get your originals from?? Just curious
roll.png

Desert, I am on the edge of my seat with the legbars. I desperately hope they make it. I'm glad your chicks were ok after the brooder light failures. Scary!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Just checked. Only three had started, and then failed about a week ago.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

We had an outage for 4 hours a week ago. The high winds have caused horrible surges and outages here, weekly. Think that and the sit, waiting for my new, back ordered incubator to arrive, caused the demise of the poor babies. Don't understand how the Icees made it through
hu.gif
, other than they benefitted from the new inc sooner. I'm sad!! So stressed over the rest of the eggs now!!!

Luckily, the newborns were in the 'newborn brooder cage', not the big brooders, or they would have been lost too. The few that were in the big brooders had been moved from the intermediate brooder tub, so they handled the lack of heat lamp, especially since I had shut off the air conditioner, to move newborn chicks to the 'newborn brooder cage', and had forgotten to turn it right back on. After DH rigged false lighting for them last night they were flitting around again. Whew!!

Last edited:
When I'm fishing the whole world and all it's many problems disappear
big_smile.png
.... plus, I love the challenge of 'knowing' where the big one is and actually catching 'em
wink.png
... Yesterday I hiked around until I got to a place on the river I had told DH was a big one. Just past heavy falls, with a deep hole in the middle. Not even 2 minutes and I thought I had a snag...lol
lau.gif
... DH thought so too, until it moved. Tough fight... so cool! The next was on again within two minutes.... slightly bigger than large frypan size but small enough, to me, to be released
smile.png

When I lived down in Sevier County I would easily catch my limit off the Sevier River, with another 4 being released
yesss.gif
. Many a cousin or aunt would tease their husband, brother or son who would hit the river, only to be skunked...
gig.gif
lol, that a girl out fished them. I've been fishing since I was three, on the Weber river, in front of my grand parents cabin. Nothing like it!!!!

Anyway, back to the cluck clucks!!! So excited to hear about yur new arrivals!! BTW: Which color of AMs do you have? Saw some had the chipmunk stripes... so cool!! Who did you get your originals from?? Just curious
roll.png

Last year i got about an 8LB walleye out of the Jordan. I like to fish the rivers around here too. Never been to Sevier. Sorry last fishing post ha ha

All but the black one came from my hen, I bought her from a guy up in Alpine named Jason. She was still fertile for about 2 weeks after i got her so I saved her eggs.

Edit: After researching a little, I guess it wasn't a purebred like i was thinking, it's an easter egger. I am keeping the ones from my hen to raise for myself. I have some others that I got from someone up here that should be hatching in a couple days (the black one is one of them) and they're purebred, i saw a few of their hens.

Here's my hen:

And here's the rooster she was bred with:

Back
Top Bottom