Utah!

Also corvidae, briansnarr was saying they wanted some older pullets. Maybe they would like a few? My mom has been wanting some of mine too. Maybe she would take some of yours?

silly, I have one for you..you can two for the price of one to make sure. The wings are getting out there on a few of them! Even one of the splashes.
Let me know when you want them.

Sold a couple of big girls today, thinning out once again..sigh, I have to slow down here! But..but...I love those little fuzzy butts. I am really loving these Blue Laced Red Wyondottes..they are soo cute. I love the big one that I posted here. It's going to beautiful..boy or girl! Looking like a boy. Not acting like a boy, in fact these birds tend to be way more laid back than some of the other breeds I've had in there.

I just got my first egg from girls I'd rased from chicks, on of my EE's, and it's a gorgeous gray green
celebrate.gif
. on a sadder note my dog got both of my blrw chicks and the silver sussex that i got for mothers day
hit.gif

silly, I have one for you..you can two for the price of one to make sure. The wings are getting out there on a few of them! Even one of the splashes.
Let me know when you want them.

Sold a couple of big girls today, thinning out once again..sigh, I have to slow down here! But..but...I love those little fuzzy butts. I am really loving these Blue Laced Red Wyondottes..they are soo cute. I love the big one that I posted here. It's going to beautiful..boy or girl! Looking like a boy. Not acting like a boy, in fact these birds tend to be way more laid back than some of the other breeds I've had in there.
YEAH! When would you like for me to come get them. Today is really busy, getting my hubby already for his business trip tomorrow, but I can get them tomorrow afternoon or anytime after that. So excited, they are so cute...

I just got my first egg from girls I'd rased from chicks, on of my EE's, and it's a gorgeous gray green:celebrate .  on a sadder note my dog got both of my blrw chicks and the silver sussex that i got for mothers day:hit

Sad :( my dog thinks she is aviscous hunter. Luckily she hasn't gotten any... Yet.

You should post a pic of your egg. I would love to see it.

Desert-- I will be up at the land probably from about 5-7 tomorrow. Basically, just enough time to fill the feeders and sort out who is trying and who is going. Do you have the time for me to bring them to you after? If you send me directions, I can bring them to you before we go home. I'll have to figure out the carrier situation--I think I only have enough to carry 6-8 birds right now, so I'll ponder that tonight at work. Also, do you want the 3 adult girls as well? They are about a year old and pretty good layers, though I personally find 2 of them a little cranky (they've been here at the house a few months now).

My 2 younger kids are fighting me on the Isbars--they still say I should get rid of the BLRW instead. I'm not sure I even have the energy to argue the point right now. I have no idea how they think I'm going to get rid of a flock of 14 birds plus all the babies. Yeesh.

For everyone else, I will bring down (if I can figure out the carrier situation) all the birds that aren't staying and post them all as soon as I know what is what. I don't even know exactly how many birds are up there--my brain just can't manage that much these days. :(

Desert-- I will be up at the land probably from about 5-7 tomorrow. Basically, just enough time to fill the feeders and sort out who is trying and who is going. Do you have the time for me to bring them to you after? If you send me directions, I can bring them to you before we go home. I'll have to figure out the carrier situation--I think I only have enough to carry 6-8 birds right now, so I'll ponder that tonight at work. Also, do you want the 3 adult girls as well? They are about a year old and pretty good layers, though I personally find 2 of them a little cranky (they've been here at the house a few months now).

My 2 younger kids are fighting me on the Isbars--they still say I should get rid of the BLRW instead. I'm not sure I even have the energy to argue the point right now. I have no idea how they think I'm going to get rid of a flock of 14 birds plus all the babies. Yeesh.

For everyone else, I will bring down (if I can figure out the carrier situation) all the birds that aren't staying and post them all as soon as I know what is what. I don't even know exactly how many birds are up there--my brain just can't manage that much these days. :(

Hi, maybe I could meet you up in that area? I could also bring the BLRW to the Ut county area for whomever it was that wanted it? I can't remember. Let me know how I can help, it sounds pretty rough for you :(

Hi, maybe I could meet you up in that area? I could also bring the BLRW to the Ut county area for whomever it was that wanted it? I can't remember. Let me know how I can help, it sounds pretty rough for you
sad.png
I'm actually going to get 2 from Cynthia. :D She wasn't sure if she had enough girls, but she thinks she does. But thanks. I really can only take 1-2 more right now. But I'm sure I have 2 Roos in my Silkies, and I have 2 rescued EE's that once they are out of their boots, and their toes are all straight, they will be finding new homes too. So then I might be able to take a few more on, but not till I get the others out of here.

Sara-- if you are going to be anywhere near there, absolute, let's work something out! Otherwise, I will bring down whatever I can here to Bountiful for anyone to buy as they will. And when I say "buy", bear in mind prices are going to be extremely negotiable and the only reason I would charge at all is because they money goes directly to my boys for all the work they have been doing and the extreme kindness and tolerance they've shown towards they crazy Mom! All I want these days is to be able to spend some time with my kids and that just doesn't seem to be happening, nor will it for at least another 6 weeks or so. Makes me want to cry, poor guys. Oh, good grief, I'm waxing maudlin now.

Here's what the boys and I've decided-- we are only going to keep the Isbars, about half of the BLRW's, and 9 of Joel's Welsummers. Asher has decided he is far too attached to Bokbok and her minions (the Isbars) to give them up, but NONE of us are very attached to the Cream Legbars at all. That means there are going to be a BUNCH of cereal Legbars, crested and non-crested to go. Desert has first dibs on them for sure, but whatever she doesn't want are fair game for anyone. The money from those goes to Asher (my 6 year old). There are at least 3 different lines there, all from Greenfire, including this years lines. I cannot recall how many there are, but at a guess, there are likely 10 juvenile girls up at the land, 3 year old adults here, and 2 baby boys and a baby girl down here as well as 2 adult boys at the land.

There will also be 2-3 Welsummers, breeder quality. For the BLRW, I am cutting the current flocks down to 5 girls and 1 boy, so there will be a couple of Blacks, a couple of Blues, and at least one Splash, as well as 3 roosters going. I can't bring Rooster down here (the neighbors would have a complete seizure because they are LOUD!) so unless someone speaks for them, I'm going to put them in asleep rate pen up there for my roommate to off.

Desert, how many of those cream Legbars do you want, and do you want any roosters? If you don't, the Roos will probably go into a pen with with BLRW ones for the cooking pot.

Oh, and there is one very good note in my life right now (not all is bad!). Expedee the cat (the one that got hit by the car and cost me $4000 in vet bills) is actually doing so well, one would never know anything happened to him if it werent for the fact that half his body is shaved. He is as friendly and purry

Gah, between my typing and the autocorrect on the iPad, I'm not sure I am making any sense. The adult cream Legbars down here are NOT 3 year olds. They are 1 year old and there are 3 of them. And I'm pretty sure they aren't "cereal" cream Legbars, as the autocorrect seems to think...

For everyone else, I will bring down (if I can figure out the carrier situation) all the birds that aren't staying and post them all as soon as I know what is what. I don't even know exactly how many birds are up there--my brain just can't manage that much these days.
sad.png
Corvidae,

Whatever works for you!! (I sent you a PM)

So glad to hear about your cat... he was in all of our prayers!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom