Utah!

silly, yes photos. I am pretty sure I will be selling a girl. I have more of some BLRW eggs coming, different breeder, but also has the combination of the darks and the splash. Going to post the photo of my girl from years ago on here now, so everyone knows what they mean by splash, what I just thought was the only color out there for a while..a Blue Laced Red Wyondotte!

my brother has a great pyrenese and she is a fantastic dog. i like her barking so much more than other dogs because its a low bark. i am super sensitive to sounds and her bark does not bother me at all so that is saying something. his will sometime think she is a lap dog lol. but she is a super fun dog. she is good at scaring the door to door salesmen too. she is so calm. she goes shooting with us and loves it. as you know they are also used to guard live stock. i think birdguy has one? my brothers is very good with all animals and just loves to cuddle with their cats. his will wonder around the house at night and maybe growl if she hears a noise but does not bark much but my bro wants her to bark if there is danger so he can check it out. she is a great security system
smile.png
if i was looking for another dog i would get one

I just had to look up some images of that breed to see what they were. How gorgeous! I like some of those big breeds a lot. I went to someone's house once with my BF, and the people there had a Newfoundland. He came right out onto the porch when they opened the door and made friends with me. He was so sweet! So I got the stamp of approval
smile.png
I also once house-sat for some friends that had a black lab and a great Dane. Good dogs, and it was funny to watch the Dane back up and "sit" on the couch with her back half.

Desert, you need to get rid of that coon, or it'll get into your fowl
sad.png
I understand that coons are living creatures and all life should be respected, but I have a great dislike for those critters. My first flock got wiped out by one, and we've had some nest in our chimney. Oh, how I wish they'd get out of this part of the country.

And the skunks could be a problem, too.

I have had a very hard week and am hoping that the worst of it is behind me. And I hope that everyone else here has had a better week than I did. I busted another hidden nest yesterday, and one today. My sneaky little Chelsea started laying in our bridal wreath again (which is where I once found the nest of 24 eggs) And, the Icelandics were gathered around outside of the garage door this morning and demanding they be let in. When I opened the door and went in to see if there were eggs, I found a nest of 8 eggs in there
tongue.gif
Dang stinkers. Why do they insist on torturing me so? When I wanted eggs for hatching, I got skunked. And now they're laying left and right, even where they were supposed to lay while separated!

We have a great pyrannees/english mastiff mix. He is a good dog but has to be kept close to the house. The last couple of days he has gotten loose three times. Tomorrow he is going to have to stay in the house. One of the problems with smart dogs like this is they are smart. lol. His smart is not a good thing with him being so big! I think he could easily give anyone a heart attack!

RedIII I had that problem a lot last summer. This year we've built a run for their coop and let them out for an hour or so before dark. Much more convenient for me lol. I once found 19 eggs in my neighbor's yard behind some plywood. They are stinkers.
Today I set 8 eggs under a broody, just for fun. I love watching those babies. Hopefully she'll hatch some out. This is the second time she has been broody since April! Last time she didnt hatch any out so I had her adopt a few chicks. She loved them. Here she is, anyone have any guesses as to what breed she is?

What a lot of tumult at your place all in one night!!!
ep.gif

Hope using the traps helps you de-wild things as smoothly as possible.
Well, tonight I was closing the coops and looked down. Not even a foot away was a skunk
ep.gif
... just quiet and calm; not the little one but a larger one (not huge but not a baby). I calmly went and retrieved a live animal trap, threw some eggs in and put it down. Just like it was trained, she went in and snap, the trap was sprung. Suddenly, baby skunks started coming out from under the coop. I counted eight!!!!!! Now what?? So I went and retrieved the bigger trap. Again, now what? I slowly covered Momma with a blanket and set the bigger trap down next to her. Babies were so dang cute... jumping and charging around at each like little kittens, almost totally ignoring me. I threw more eggs in, hoping they're old enough to want to follow the smell. In the morning, I'm hoping I've caught as many as possible. Guess the raccoon is safe tonight!!

Desert, you need to get rid of that coon, or it'll get into your fowl
sad.png
I understand that coons are living creatures and all life should be respected, but I have a great dislike for those critters. My first flock got wiped out by one, and we've had some nest in our chimney. Oh, how I wish they'd get out of this part of the country.

And the skunks could be a problem, too.

I have had a very hard week and am hoping that the worst of it is behind me. And I hope that everyone else here has had a better week than I did. I busted another hidden nest yesterday, and one today. My sneaky little Chelsea started laying in our bridal wreath again (which is where I once found the nest of 24 eggs) And, the Icelandics were gathered around outside of the garage door this morning and demanding they be let in. When I opened the door and went in to see if there were eggs, I found a nest of 8 eggs in there
tongue.gif
Dang stinkers. Why do they insist on torturing me so? When I wanted eggs for hatching, I got skunked. And now they're laying left and right, even where they were supposed to lay while separated!
Hi Red!!
frow.gif

Trapped Momma skunk tonight.... I knew she wasn't the tiny baby I'd seen but she went right in the trap as if trained. Within minutes, eight babies came from under the coop, crying for Momma. Ugh
barnie.gif
. Crap!!

Yep, your Icees are naughty!!! Bad, bad Icees!! My three little Icees are bebopping around!!

Hey Red... Hoping you have a better week coming up!!

Last edited:
Sara, very pretty girl. Where did you get her? She looks like a mix to me?

Annewandering, my brother has a husky. We know all about them smart dogs, haha
roll.png
He has figured out how to open doors before. Smart doggie, but such a good boy, too!

Desert, kind of cute that you got to see the skunk kits. I hope you can catch them all and get them and mama moved out. My BF had a pet skunk when he was younger. I guess he found it as a kit and put it in with a cat who had kittens. It grew up as his pet and would ride everywhere in the truck with him. He says he really didn't have a problem with burglars
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom