Utah!

Unless they have already been incubated i would think you would want to keep them cool about 60-70 degrees.

That seems pretty much impossible in these temps, huh? Maybe it's time for a Plan C
hu.gif

Still no takers on my boys? Ok I'll just have to eat them :gig it's too hot to process now though.

Casa, how are the houdans doing? I keep meaning to ask.

Still no takers on my boys? Ok I'll just have to eat them :gig it's too hot to process now though.

Casa, how are the houdans doing? I keep meaning to ask.

Doing well! They have their own pen, the coop is started. Dwight yells every morning now from 5:15 til 7, over and over, I am sure my neighbors all want to hurt me. I might start putting him in the garage at night....he is great during the rest of the day until bedtime then he lets it loose again but just a few times around 9. So funny though if I come out the patio door, he has to holler at me every time. "yes Dwight, I know you are there. Love you little buddy :) "

My SG roo is in the garage every night. He has the most annoying, elongated crow ever. So much for my quiet babies lol That did not last long. We are working on a separate coop/run for the showgirls/silkies too. DH is a busy boy!

The Houdans girls all get along great, they are so cute together. They sleep in a pile at the end of their pen, with a board slanted overhead until their new coop is done...one is a month older and should start laying within the next few weeks. She is getting red. Turns out the one that I had here has the most black plumage, mostly black beard too so her eggs are the ones I have my eye on. She is nice and plump. Slightly taller than the others. I really love them, they run around the yard and just look so pretty....even if they have no clue what it is they are doing lol. They are not great foragers at all....but they are not tearing the grass and flower beds apart so I let them run around quite a bit. Of the two I got from you, the one that has the black hair do is my favorite. She talks to me so much, in just a quiet gurgly voice, very friendly, comes up to the door to say hi every once in a while..she seems amused by different flowers and things she finds in the yard, she checks out everything by cocking her head and trying to see it from a hundred different views lol. Those head feathers are getting pretty long. So far I am really happy with them all they have stayed really healthy so far. Hoping the winter is not too rough for them. The heat did not bother them at all today.

Cannot wait until I start getting eggs :) They are definitely my "pets" and the egg production does not matter so much, but I would like to do one small late summer hatch to see what I get. These guys get more attention than anybody though, just because they are so easy to be around.

That lavender Am that had gotten all wet still looking like a girl? I hope so, she was adorable :) You hatching anything else or are you done?

Hey Lisa, we saw that Logan even got hot today. It said it was 94 when we were checking. Supposed to get even warmer this week. Crazy. Then drop down into the 80's next week..but, a whole week of hot!

I'm freezing water in bowls tonight. I squirt the girls twice today. Poor things, panting away. Two RIR's laid their fist egg on one of the hottest days yet! At least it was morning.

My quails are maturing. The boys make the best crow haha they sound like a cartoon laser gun. I love the sound they make! The boys are starting to check the girls out, I have not gotten eggs yet but one has been making a nest, so I think it will be soon. They are in a habitat ( like a duplex with one boy on each side with two females each) called "The Quail Ho-Tail". :D I have to finish painting it and adding the vinyl letters. So we have the main coop/run "La Casa de Pollo", the little coop "La Casita", the "Quail-Ho-tail", now I have to come up with two new names for the SG coop and the Houdan coop. Any clever /silly ideas out there?

Back
Top Bottom