Utah!

Briansnarr, glad you got your babies sorted out. One less thing to worry about. Now we shall begin plotting against your fiancé. I'm thinking mailing lists regarding various STDs? Can't remember where you live, but we're in northern Davis county. I have chickens and cows, neighbor has llamas, so it's quite the menagerie.

You could put him on all the telemarkers lists. Go in and sign him up for wanting information on everything.

We could pick a day and all of us haul our chicken crap over there on "clean the coop" day. The front porch seems like a good place.
big_smile.png

"woops! Weren't you the guy that ordered fertilizer?"

I so despise cheaters.
hmm.png

woot.gif
Chicken poop party!!!

LOL a BIG POOP PARTY! haha
smile.png
Can you imagine how many pounds that would be if we all did that? Sheesh you would not be able to find the house
tongue.png

Haahaha. Lmbo. I'm all for the mailing a disease over there. I can't stand people who cheat either. U can give you all the address, chicken poop makes a big mess. Muahaha.

A big pile would be so fragrant and pleasant in this heat too. Just have to water it down good first to get it going lol

We are so naughty.
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif
You all are so bad!!! LOL

Hey, count me in on the poop party, my big run needs a good raking up. Just cleaned the small run, it's gone. But the big run would be a pretty good addition. Lisa, you would remember that adding water to it, just makes the aroma that much more appealing.
big_smile.png
Oh yeah!

I have two new little BLRW's. And, I am loving the colors on these already. I am pretty sure, even this early, that I have a girl and a boy. Man, I wish I could have roosters!!

Anyone interested in having a leghorn or two in their flock? They are the best layers, and when was the last time you had a white egg..ey? Ey? I know, some of you have the polish that lay a white or cream..but a giant white egg! Big! Huge! Humongus even! lol...

Alright, I'm eleven pages behind right now and I'll have to catch up later. Not feeling well today, and I'm going back to bed. But:

Sara, I have a BO hen who is a little over a year old, and she has always been small. I seriously think that she is a runt or a crossbreed oops from the hatchery, but I love her. Right now, she is about the same size as my Leghorn, perhaps a tad larger. And I think the roo's do take a while to get their tail in.

Lisa, Maynard was/is about the same age as my Chelsea. I remember that they were travel buddies when Sasha carted them up to us from Cynthia. Chelsea is about a year old, now, if that helps.

Desert, sorry to hear that the guineas haven't been hatching well. That is hard when they hatch, then just pass.

I am getting ready to list some pullets for sale. I have to get my numbers down. I have had time enough to watch the ones I've kept, and have made decisions on the ones I want to sell.
I will have OE's
a Delaware that is older, probably a month and a half..can look up the date hatched.
A light Brahma
A BLRW, the dark blue
I will have some leghorn's hatch soon, they have the silver gene, so if you breed with a red roo, you can sex their babies at hatching. Red's pullet..white's, roos.

Speaking of leghorn's..hey Sundance...my little girl that you gave me laid her first little white egg today. A nice size for a pullet egg..of course. :) Thank you again for this sweet girl.

Where is Sasha. I have decided also, that I will let my Serama go. She is beautiful. The dark brown, then the light browns in her is just beautiful. She needs to be with smaller birds. She is sooo tiny. Probably as large as she will get, and the pen I'm keeping her in is with my bantam Favorelle, and a bantam cochin. If anyone is interested in a real cutie, and sweet..let me know.
Wow! You're really downsizing! haha! Are any still up for grabs?!?

Here's a cute idea from a gal on another thread that decided to show how she does a bale garden. Pretty neat if you have the area/size.
http://gardenenvy.webs.com/
thanks Cynthia for posting... love this idea!!!

Alright, I'm eleven pages behind right now and I'll have to catch up later. Not feeling well today, and I'm going back to bed. But:

Desert, sorry to hear that the guineas haven't been hatching well. That is hard when they hatch, then just pass.
Yea, it was super rough!!!
hit.gif
I love the guineas and the neighbors have all decided they are the silliest birds they have ever seen, next to my beloved peacocks, who are mature enough to start the 'peacock call' at dusk... and now barely starting throughout the day. The peas 'play' by doing back flips upside down in the air... weird. They also creep up on a person and scare the heck outta you!! Craig has caught them peeping in on him, through the house windows
lau.gif

Everybody loves the peas although they have been very bad birds
sad.png
the last couple days!! The neighbor mentioned they were awakened the last couple morning by what sounded like small deer running the entire length of their home, back and forth, back and forth, on the roof. When they went out, and looked up, what do you think peered back, over the roof edge at them. The peas!!!
th.gif

Well, as for the guineas, I have another 7 eggs set to hatch on the 16th. Have to wait and see. I'm hoping for a white and a blue since I sold my blue and the white died, that hatched before. I planned on keeping them all but they are a huge seller here and I have a waiting list. Plus, the buyers don't even blink at what I charge for them
celebrate.gif
. Helps pay for the feed bill.

Plus today, I sent in my payment and application for my hatchery so I'm all legal now. Whew!!

Geez Red, I hope you start feeling better!!!! Get some sleep (I say that because that's what I need!!)
hugs.gif
. Let us all know how your doing!!

ace.. I have some leghorns that just hatched. I have five of these little cuties. I love love the leghorn, always have to have one or two in my flock. I have mine picked out, now need to sell the rest. If anyone is interested in taking them all, you know you on here get a deal.even if it's only one. :D

Didn't take a lot of pictures..they all look alike..lol...

Back
Top Bottom