Utah!

Rofl at the doorbell Cynthia!

Lilwanis, where are you going? We're going to Zion that same time!

Silly, so sad about your neighbor. That sounds like a very aggressive cancer. It'd be nice to get a bunch of folks together and just do a barn raising type thing for their chickens.

Silly, so sad about your neighbor. That sounds like a very aggressive cancer. It'd be nice to get a bunch of folks together and just do a barn raising type thing for their chickens.
I asked if they wanted help. But right now, they are just figuring out all this stuff, and that's about all they are focusing on, which is probably what I would be doing too.

Brad! I need your help. I have planted chard now for two years, since I first saw you post about it. I just love it! But this year, I am having something just chow down on it. When I brought some in, I had an ear wig fall out in the sink. Could they be the culprit? For some reason, I didn't think earwig, I checked for those little white bugs, and can't think of the name of them for the life of me now, but there weren't any, what about slugs? Something big is eating them, and I'm not seeing grasshoppers either. :/

Thanks! I am going to clean these up and eat the good parts any way. I threw some away last year and a neighbor said, don't throw them away, take the bad parts off, then eat the other, it's fine. So I do. Love this stuff..I don't think I would have known about it to this day if you hadn't mentioned it. It grows so easily too. :)

Ok, while I was typing this up, my computer service went down. So I went to wash it, and guess what kept falling out again..? Earwigs. Man, I want to eat this stuff, but if I spray,
I can't. How do I get rid of these things..or maybe I just pick and eat.. My chickens love earwigs. Wish I could let someone loose in this little garden area, but they would love the chard too.
lol.png

We are going to Jackson Hole to river raft.

Cynthia, earwigs can, and do, do that kind of damage ( I am infested with then). Natural predators ( preying mantis) and DE can help...the chickens like to eat my garden too much, they are no help at all :rolleyes:

Brad! I need your help. I have planted chard now for two years, since I first saw you post about it. I just love it! But this year, I am having something just chow down on it. When I brought some in, I had an ear wig fall out in the sink. Could they be the culprit? For some reason, I didn't think earwig, I checked for those little white bugs, and can't think of the name of them for the life of me now, but there weren't any, what about slugs? Something big is eating them, and I'm not seeing grasshoppers either. :/ Thanks! I am going to clean these up and eat the good parts any way. I threw some away last year and a neighbor said, don't throw them away, take the bad parts off, then eat the other, it's fine. So I do. Love this stuff..I don't think I would have known about it to this day if you hadn't mentioned it. It grows so easily too. :) Ok, while I was typing this up, my computer service went down. So I went to wash it, and guess what kept falling out again..? Earwigs. Man, I want to eat this stuff, but if I spray, I can't. How do I get rid of these things..or maybe I just pick and eat.. My chickens love earwigs. Wish I could let someone loose in this little garden area, but they would love the chard too. :lol:
Cynthia, i dont know if it would hurt your chard but if you mix just a little bit of dish soap in water and spray it on the little buggers it'll kill them better than bug spray. I swear by it.

Cynthia, i dont know if it would hurt your chard but if you mix just a little bit of dish soap in water and spray it on the little buggers it'll kill them better than bug spray. I swear by it.

I use the dish soap spray too...Just don't forget to wash before you eat.
smile.png

It really works to keep the bugs off.

Back
Top Bottom