Utah!

Hi, Cynthia! It is so kind of you how you've been willing to share Denagard with other of us small-flock people!!! It really helped me find relief with my birds last year. Thanks again!

I'm thinking that MG can sometimes cause eye problems, too? But I thought if the owner did identify that the problem was definitely Coryza, she'd know if she needed to try something besides Denagard.

I'm very glad to hear Penny is doing better. :clap
isn't Cynthia amazing? I just love her! I'm happy she is my neighbor lol

All
hugs.gif
Thank you so much.

Madchicken, it actually isn't him that is holding things up. It's the (near) ex wife. She has dragged things out purely out of spite and vindictiveness. It has been so hard NOT to move forward with things with my BF. That's part of what's been killing me for the longest while. Not being able to progress with him makes my heart sick. He's doing everything he can to get things done. He's a good man that I love very much and want to be happy.

She's going to lynch me for this, but I'll take my chances - please also keep Desert Springs in your thoughts and prayers. When it rains, it pours, it seems. I won't say more. We all struggle with our own battles.

Love you guys. I mean that.

what is going on with Desert? Did I miss something

So I have a question for everyone here. I have a gold sex-link who was supposed to be a girl but is obviously not lol. Hes a little older then 5 months old but does noy crow. Any chance that will mean he will be a quiet rooster? He is my retarded chicken and I never hear him make any noise whatsoever. I want to keep him if he is going to be quiet. Judt thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had a late bloomer in crowing or has had a very quiet rooster.

Thanks in advance:)

So I have a question for everyone here. I have a gold sex-link who was supposed to be a girl but is obviously not lol. Hes a little older then 5 months old but does noy crow. Any chance that will mean he will be a quiet rooster? He is my retarded chicken and I never hear him make any noise whatsoever. I want to keep him if he is going to be quiet. Judt thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had a late bloomer in crowing or has had a very quiet rooster.

One of our roosters has always been "special". He never crowed until he was a year old, and we've only heard him crow a few times since then. If he's penned with the hens and the other roosters aren't around for a few days, it seems to set him off, but other than this, he never lets loose. When he crows, he can be loud. You may just have to wait and see how he does.

what is going on with Desert? Did I miss something

I don't feel it's my place to say what is going on in her life right now, but she told me through private message that she is dealing with some serious grief on the home front.

You sure its a roo Brian? My GSL's get awfully big combs and wattles. But then again, they lay pretty early...

I know I saw someone post on here a few months ago that they were a newly licensed hatchery in Utah. I am looking at some options and while the state vet was helpful - he said I should check with other small hatcheries to find out what they are doing before I apply. The NPIP guidelines are downright silly for small time folks like me. Anyone here a licensed hatchery and willing to give me some ideas of what they are looking at for licensing? I just want to be able to legally sell a few rare breeds (working with Buckeyes, Speckled Sussex, Welsummers, and American Bresse - hoping to add Delawares).

Oh man..............SS and Buckeyes? I hope I don't live anywhere close to you. I'd be in so much trouble, lol.

Good luck! I'm working on getting two Icelandic flocks established for breeding, but I think I would only ever ship hatching eggs. At least for the first while. Does anyone know if eggs have to be NPIP certified for shipping?

Back
Top Bottom