Utah!

If anyone knows where I could find bearded silkie chicks please let me know. I dont know where to start or who to contact about them. I messaged gary but got no reply. I lost half of my chicks this week and its been very emotional. I am looking for black, blue, and maybe partridge and buff. :)

I will have some later in the year. I have a blue sizzle roo and some young pullets that will be bread to him when they start laying. Some of them are show quality silkies some are pet quality

So I just saw the news, and they said 55 and rain tomorrow. Do you think the babies will be okay outside. They've been out all day/night for the last 4 days, and they seem like they have been fine. But they are 8 weeks on Monday, and they've never been outside in the rain. They should be okay right? They have a well insulated coop, I also have 1/2 their run covered with a tarp, including the area right over their coop, so there should be no water running down or into their coop. I guess I'm just worried because I'm going to Farmington in the morning, and won't be home till around 4pm. So I won't be home to rescue them if its gets really bad.

So I just saw the news, and they said 55 and rain tomorrow.  Do you think the babies will be okay outside.  They've been out all day/night for the last 4 days, and they seem like they have been fine. But they are 8 weeks on Monday, and they've never been outside in the rain. They should be okay right? They have a well insulated coop, I also have 1/2 their run covered with a tarp, including the area right over their coop, so there should be no water running down or into their coop.  I guess I'm just worried because I'm going to Farmington in the morning, and won't be home till around 4pm. So I won't be home to rescue them if its gets really bad. 

I would leave them out, I am leaving mine out that were born 2/9 and 2/23, so long as there are a few and they have a cozy warm spot in the coop to hang out. I just have a three sided straw fort with a piece of plywood on top.

If anyone knows where I could find bearded silkie chicks please let me know. I dont know where to start or who to contact about them. I messaged gary but got no reply. I lost half of my chicks this week and its been very emotional. I am looking for black, blue, and maybe partridge and buff. :)

I am also hoping to have some in a couple months from my girls, bearded silkies (show quality whites) and showgirls and silkies that are decent in other colors...the toe spacing is not as perfect but they are nice.

Weeeell I had to separate my egg eaters today. All THREE of them! Grrrrrr...... I am now getting more than one egg a day. Little poops!

Lisa, it's probably a good thing you rehomed that white Icelandic cockerel. I was tempted to take him, hehe.

Oh, Sundance - when would you need Icee eggs by, if I can collect some for you?

Last edited:
I am in Lindon, Ut. Anyone on here breed bearded silkies?
I just so happen to have a buff that I have put up on another sale site. She is a buff..and is at point of lay. Very pretty girl. I have several eggs in my bator now. Doesn't mean they will all hatch though, tough little stinks to hatch. Here are photos of my buff pullet. Great muff and beard, and check out those feathered feet! I don't breed. I buy the eggs. This girl has great body type. A sweetheart! Of course. I live in Spanish Fork, she is for sale for $25.00. :)

Last edited:
I just so happen to have a buff that I have put up on another sale site. She is a buff..and is at point of lay. Very pretty girl. I have several eggs in my bator now. Doesn't mean they will all hatch though, tough little stinks to hatch. Here are photos of my buff pullet. Great muff and beard, and check out those feathered feet! I don't breed. I buy the eggs. This girl has great body type. A sweetheart! Of course. I live in Spanish Fork, she is for sale for $25.00. :)

wow she is beautiful Can you meet me Monday with the Roo for Lisa at Carolyns clinic

Weeeell I had to separate my egg eaters today. All THREE of them! Grrrrrr...... I am now getting more than one egg a day. Little poops!

Lisa, it's probably a good thing you rehomed that white Icelandic cockerel. I was tempted to take him, hehe.

Oh, Sundance - when would you need Icee eggs by, if I can collect some for you?

probably by Wed or thursday

Now that my chicks are older I'm finally back. :) I have to stop coming here so I won't be tempted to keep buying chicks! Here are some not great pics of The SBELs I got from Lisa. Are any of the pics good enough for a gender guess? They are the only straight run chicks I got so they are the ones I need help sexing. :)

Back
Top Bottom