Utah!

So funny. I am picking up eggs for Diana.....serama eggs. In Logan. She found them on KSL. The lady that has them, got her birds from Sasha, last year, who got her birds from.....Diana. LOL Small world! Cracks me up how everybody on here is connected in one way or another. :gig

so other threads are pretty convinced my BLRW is a cockerel
hit.gif
I'm going to let him/her a bit older but would anyone here be interested if I have to find it a new home?

Well I did it!

I went and got me a Silkie! :D I decided to name her (it) IO (eye-o) like Jupiter's moon, or like IO off of Tron 2, or it could just stand for Input Output ;) lol!!!

She (it) didn't make a peep all the way home! (okay, so it was only about a 15 minute drive, but still! she was by herself!)

please cross your fingers that it's a she and not a he! :D

I just found out that another one of the guys that I have giving fertile eggs had a great hatch . 36 in 25 out . That's way good and the other 24 in 16 out . Can you believe that!?!? He wants another round on Monday.
Mine are just starting to hatch. One pipped and hatched today in about 8 hours (Ameraucana), and four more have started pipping tonight (Two RIR and Two BO) and around 7:00 tonight was the start of day 20. Lets hope they keep going.

I am in Lindon, Ut. Anyone on here breed bearded silkies?

I think Gary-themadchicken is the only one that really breeds Silkies, and he has some nice Brearded ones. I love the 2 I have from him. Everyone else usually ships eggs in, or is doing Show Girls. Anyone one else breed Silkies that I missed, Sorry.

Lisa are you going to try to start breeding Silkies since your looking for a Blue Roo or is that for your Show Girls?

Good Luck finding them :D

I think Gary-themadchicken is the only one that really breeds Silkies, and he has some nice Brearded ones. I love the 2 I have from him. Everyone else usually ships eggs in, or is doing Show Girls. Anyone one else breed Silkies that I missed, Sorry.

Lisa are you going to try to start breeding Silkies since your looking for a Blue Roo or is that for your Show Girls?

Good Luck finding them :D
I was talking with a guy the other day who breeds Bearded Silkies. We saw that he had silkies running in his yard and stopped wondering if we could buy eggs.

He started to tell us about how his family breeds and competes with his Silkies. He didn't have any eggs to sell, but sent us home with two free because they weren't good enough to breed. I might stop back by and see if I can get his number, and if he has eggs again.

He had to give his rooster a "haircut" because he couldn't see to get the job done, do to being too fluffy, so hopefully he is getting fertile eggs now. He is in Elwood City, UT.

I was talking with a guy the other day who breeds Bearded Silkies. We saw that he had silkies running in his yard and stopped wondering if we could buy eggs.

He started to tell us about how his family breeds and competes with his Silkies. He didn't have any eggs to sell, but sent us home with two free because they weren't good enough to breed. I might stop back by and see if I can get his number, and if he has eggs again.

He had to give his rooster a "haircut" because he couldn't see to get the job done, do to being too fluffy, so hopefully he is getting fertile eggs now. He is in Elwood City, UT.
Aw, they sound beautiful! I wish I knew where Elwood is lol. We cant drive too far for them but I definitely would love to find some good quality bearded silkies if I can :)

I think Gary-themadchicken is the only one that really breeds Silkies, and he has some nice Brearded ones.  I love the 2 I have from him.  Everyone else usually ships eggs in, or is doing Show Girls.  Anyone one else breed Silkies that I missed,  Sorry. 

Good Luck finding them  :D

I do....will....hope...pray...lol

Cynthia is sending her blue silkie, hoping he is a fine young man....if not I have another "maybe" that I am working on... Has to be Blue...I want to put him with my black showgirl, white showgirl ( to get 1/2 silkies 1/2 showgirls in blue black splash...) then my two bearded white silkies...then my non-bearded blue partridge silkie. Should get some fun mixes from those. My white silkie females are heavily bearded and crested, so so cute, I hope I can get some poofy chicks from them!

I do....will....hope...pray...lol

Cynthia is sending her blue silkie, hoping he is a fine young man....if not I have another "maybe" that I am working on... Has to be Blue...I want to put him with my black showgirl, white showgirl ( to get 1/2 silkies 1/2 showgirls in blue black splash...) then my two bearded white silkies...then my non-bearded blue partridge silkie. Should get some fun mixes from those. My white silkie females are heavily bearded and crested, so so cute, I hope I can get some poofy chicks from them!
If anyone knows where I could find bearded silkie chicks please let me know. I dont know where to start or who to contact about them. I messaged gary but got no reply. I lost half of my chicks this week and its been very emotional. I am looking for black, blue, and maybe partridge and buff. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom