Utah!

Try @youcluckingatme . He is in paradise. I am hatching some of his right now. He has some Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, and Barred Rocks, I believe...
I would be happy to help as well! :) Mine only holds seven eggs, but has been pretty reliable! If Lisa runs out of room (yeah right!), let me know. My incubator will free up on easter.

I called him this morning and he does have Buff Orps but I think I'm going to be strong and hold out for some Chocolate, and Black Orp hatching eggs...if I can, LOL! I'm trying to focus mainly on getting started breeding Choc. Orps, PLUS I breed Ragdoll cats, and I have 3 young children, and a large garden, so I my hands are pretty full! I'll probably have to order some Choc. Orp hatching eggs online or something. I was just hoping that someone might have had some near by.

As it is, my hen has already been setting on 4 eggs (2 Cuckoo Maran hen x Black Split Choc. Orpington roo, and 2 that I'm not sure which hens laid them) for 3 or 4 days now so, I had probably better not try and put anymore eggs under her at this point anyway.

Oh, and thank you for the offer to incubate the eggs, I'll let you ladies know if any Choco. Orp eggs turn up in the next while! :D

I just found out that another one of the guys that I have giving fertile eggs had a great hatch . 36 in 25 out . That's way good and the other 24 in 16 out . Can you believe that!?!? He wants another round on Monday.

This looks so familiar lol! A lot like the one we started with before adding on. I LOVE it! i knew you would do it haha! AND...you can fit more than 4 in there, c'mon...
lol.png
Ya but 4 is all we want. We are not rushing into it. Next year is the plan for the chickens.

Last edited:
I picked up a chick from Christie (formerly Sunnybrooke farms), it is from her Rooster, Colonel Mustard, a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington. It is starting to get little orange stripes, I can't wait to see how it turns out! I will be so sad if it is a boy, it was the girliest one from the bunch. I will get some pics.

Back
Top Bottom