Utah!

Hello all! After recently finding out that all 6 of my babies from the feed store are drakes, I am going to have to rehome several of them. I now have 6 drakes and 2 ducks....I am going to rehome three for sure and possibly 5 if I can talk myself into it. I will not give up my Pekin cause he is just my favorite and I am kind of attached to my 2 silver apple yards too but keeping three may not work either. So for now, I am looking to rehome 2 black/blue swedish and one white crested. I do NOT want to advertise on craigslist because I am afraid of them ending up as meat but I have tried several FB groups and such and am getting nowhere. Anyway...if anyone is interested, let me know. Or if you know of anyone. I really love these drakes so I want them taken care of. They are 3 months old and healthy. I live in Las Vegas but I have family in Southern UT so I am willing to travel there with them too if someone from Cedar City or St George wants them. Thanks all!
IMG_4056 2.jpg IMG_4056 3.jpg IMG_4056.jpg

Hey, another personal from Salt Lake! *waves hi*. I'm over in West-side by the airport, just a few minutes from downtown SLC. What kind of chickens (or other pets) do you have?

Hey, another personal from Salt Lake! *waves hi*. I'm over in West-side by the airport, just a few minutes from downtown SLC. What kind of chickens (or other pets) do you have?

You're by me then! I'm actually in Poplar Grove! ;o) I have two dogs, an old chihuahua and a Bernese/Boarder Collie Mix puppy. And 7 chickens (15 weeks old)... a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Buckeye, a Favaucana, a Cochin, a Legbar, n Orpington and a Campine. How about you???

You're by me then! I'm actually in Poplar Grove! ;o) I have two dogs, an old chihuahua and a Bernese/Boarder Collie Mix puppy. And 7 chickens (15 weeks old)... a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Buckeye, a Favaucana, a Cochin, a Legbar, n Orpington and a Campine. How about you???

Oh yeah! I'm just north of you, in Jordan Meadows! Awesome dogs and breeds of chickens that you have.
My chickens will be arriving in the mail sometime around July 24th from MyPetChicken.com. I've been wanting chickens my whole life, and never could afford them, until now. I'll be getting a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington, a Black Copper Marans, an Australorp and an Easter Egger. They'll be day-old chicks, and I'm hoping they arrive alive.
Anyways, welcome to BYC! :)

Oh yeah! I'm just north of you, in Jordan Meadows! Awesome dogs and breeds of chickens that you have.
My chickens will be arriving in the mail sometime around July 24th from MyPetChicken.com. I've been wanting chickens my whole life, and never could afford them, until now. I'll be getting a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington, a Black Copper Marans, an Australorp and an Easter Egger. They'll be day-old chicks, and I'm hoping they arrive alive.
Anyways, welcome to BYC! :)
Awww... yay! I just got mine April 1st from MyPetChicken.com too! They were day olds and they arrived in great shape... though one had splay leg and I had to rehab her and keep her in a separate brooder for a week... but she is doing EXCELLENT now. It's been interesting and a bit challenging (I originally had 8 birds, including an Easter Egger, who had to be euthanized at 5 weeks due to Marek's disease (confirmed by necropsy). And due to our VERY cold spring, they actually lived in my spare bedroom until they were 9 1/2 weeks old, THAT was challenging)... but I am learning SO much and I am MADLY in love with my babies!! They aren't producing eggs yet... but I imagine in a month or so. My Boarder Mix thinks they are HER babies... she is SO curious about them, lol. I'm by no means an expert, but if you need help, I'm around the corner!!

Awww... yay! I just got mine April 1st from MyPetChicken.com too! They were day olds and they arrived in great shape... though one had splay leg and I had to rehab her and keep her in a separate brooder for a week... but she is doing EXCELLENT now. It's been interesting and a bit challenging (I originally had 8 birds, including an Easter Egger, who had to be euthanized at 5 weeks due to Marek's disease (confirmed by necropsy). And due to our VERY cold spring, they actually lived in my spare bedroom until they were 9 1/2 weeks old, THAT was challenging)... but I am learning SO much and I am MADLY in love with my babies!! They aren't producing eggs yet... but I imagine in a month or so. My Boarder Mix thinks they are HER babies... she is SO curious about them, lol. I'm by no means an expert, but if you need help, I'm around the corner!!

Oh cool! So you got yours from the same place! I am glad to hear yours came alive. Another person on BYC reported getting a box of dead chicks from MPC, which scared the crap out of me. I am hoping and praying that mine arrive alive.

One of your birds had Mareks? So sorry to hear that! Did you request that MPC vaccinate your chicks for Marek's vaccine? I only ask, because I heard a chicken can still get Marek's even if they received the vaccine. I found that out AFTER I had MPC give all my chicks the vaccine (well, they will give it to them, once they're born).

Thank you so much for your offer of help, I really appreciate it. You should post pics of your babies here! :) I'd love to see them.

Back
Top Bottom